2015-07-24 Accelerator R&D Biweekly Report
Revision as of 10:30, 31 July 2015 by Anichols (Created page with "CASA Accelerator R&D<br> Biweekly Report: 07/11/15 - 07/24/15<br> Submitted by: Yuhong Zhang<br> Slava Derbenev<br> <ul> <li>Studied the beam synchronization issues for ME...")
CASA Accelerator R&D
Biweekly Report: 07/11/15 - 07/24/15
Submitted by: Yuhong Zhang
- Studied the beam synchronization issues for MEIC,initiated and coordinated technology R&D for supporting the scanning synchronization scheme
- Gave a presentation on scanning synchronization scheme at the special MEIC R&D meeting
- Worked with Yuhong on selections of the invited presentations at COOL15 workshop
- Worked with a selection committee for identifying candidates for Dieter Mohl medals/prize, which will be presented at COOL15 workshop
- Gave two presentations at Rick's Cafe
- Established the storage-ring cooler optics and calculated electron beam characteristic parameters.
- Continued working on the improvement of code SLICKTRACK
- Installed the spin tracking code ZGOUBI and establishing the environment for the electron spin tracking
- Did a literature search of RF acceptances and energy spreads in other accelerators for dynamic aperture studies.
- Attended special MEIC R&D meeting on the topic of beam synchronization and other MEIC-related meetings.
- Nonlinear dynamics in the ion collider ring: nonlinear analysis, tracking, working with Guohui, holding a teleconference with SLAC, setting up for studying attice errors.
- Study of conventional beam synchronization schemes, preparing and making a presentation at the mini-workshop
- Ion polarization: studying racetrack booster option, modifying figure-8 lattice into a racetrack, holding a teleconference with Anatoly's group.
- Lower effort activities: isotope production, skew PIC, beam-beam, electron cooling, detector integration.
- Continued work on parametric-resonance ionization cooling. Further investigation of fringe field effects and beginnings of aberration compensation simulations.
- Fast kicker LDRD simulations in support of Andrew Kimber's S&T talk.
- First optics simulations for isotope production STTR using MuSim.
- Installed software package Virtual box, Ubuntu Linux, Elegant, SDDSPLOT, and MADX
- Initated dynamic aperture study for betatron tune scan in the ion collider ring.
- Conducted a survey of error studies of several accelerators in the world including PEP-II, KEKB, SuperB, NSLS-II, RHIC，J-PARC and LHC, in order to start error study of our ion collider ring
- Took 2.5 days off (for family medical issues)
- Organized a special MEIC accelerator R&D Meeting on beam synchronizations
- Also spent some time to review and study the conventional beam synchronization issue, explored a couple of new ideas and plan to continue this study in the next couple of weeks with several colleagues (Fanglei, Vasily, Slava and Jiquan)
- Continued LDRD study
- Nearly completed selection of the invited presentations for COOL15 workshop with Slava