2015-07-24 Computational Physics Biweekly Report
Revision as of 13:33, 17 August 2015 by Anichols
CASA Computational Physics
Biweekly Report: 07/25/15 - 08/07/15
Submitted by: Yves Roblin
- Prepared talk for OPS staytreat
- Worked on LDRD for CSR suppression, we now have completed the design of the dump for that experiment. The first pass shows its doable but that it will generate significant radiation in the tunnel.
- CEBAF ER:
- have been using common sense (in a spreadsheet..) and LiTrack +ELEGANT to explore various options for the CEBAF ER.
- setting up the decks for this fall. It will be zero M56 in all arcs, 5th pass extraction back to nominal and other small tweaks. I am trying to transition the decks to ELEGANT only
- Comp Phys:
- Working on BeamBeam and GhOST with Balsa and co. We are having weekly meeting every monday at 12:30pm . We are trying to get towards publishing the first paper on the tracking part.
- I setup one of his students to have access to the GPU farm and he is going to start implementing it here.
- Took part to the beam sync meeting. Within the GHOST working group, we are discussing implementations of this.
- Working on his LDRD for bunched beam cooling
- Contacted SLAC and got a 6 month extension for our contract with Faya Wang regarding the calculation of field emission in waveguides.
- He is working with River Huang on this problem.
- Contacting Prof. Shidong Jiang at New Jersey Institute of Technology to plan a visit sept 3 to 5th. He is an expert on fast numerical algorithms.
- We are seeking to collaborate with him on Fast multipole methods applied to coulomb interactions. This is relevant to the work we are doing for SLAC and future applications of our FMM framework.