2015-08-21 Accelerator R&D Biweekly Report
Revision as of 08:59, 24 August 2015 by Anichols
CASA Accelerator R&D
Biweekly Report: 08/18/15 - 08/21/15
Submitted by: Yuhong Zhang
- Continued design studies of MEIC, and developed a set of slides for the outstanding MEIC accelerator R&D issues
- Worked with Rol Johnson, Vasily Morozov, Fanglei Lin, Amy Sy and Yuhong Zhang for new SBIR proposal
- Worked with Yuhong Zhang on organizing the COOL15 workshop
- Worked on electron polarization studies and reported in the MEIC R&D meeting.
- Establishing the code ZGOUBI for spin tracking in the MEIC electron collider ring.
- Installed and learning GUPSPINK with the help of Dan Abell from Tech-X.
- Preparing a SBIR proposal for a storage-ring cooler for the MEIC.
- Attended the discussion of bean synchronization in the MEIC.
- Beam synchronization: presentation at the R&D meeting, beam synchronization report
- Non-linear dynamics in the ion collider ring: teleconference with SLAC, working with Guohui
- Isotope production: optimization of beam parameters at the radiator, simulations
- Lower level activities: ion polarization, detector integration, skew PIC, electron cooling, SBIR
- Continued work on skew parametric-resonance ionization cooling simulations. A look at off-momentum particles and sextupole effects.
- Continued work on ERL/isotope production simulations. Study of UV FEL documentation for information on beam parameters, acceptances. Working on obtaining particle transport code MCNP6 for integration
- with MuSim and isotope production simulations.
- Gave my first report at the MEIC Accelerator R&D Meeting. The title of the presentation is “First Look at error sensitivity in MEIC”.
- Studied multipole magnetic field errors of the quadrupoles and sextupoles of the MEIC ion collider ring, and itheir effects on dynamic aperture
- Studied field errors of FFQ (Final Focus Quadrupole) of the MEIC ion Ring, found about 10 % of errors due to normal quadrupoles, and checked shrinkage of dynamic aperture.
- Took 3.5 vacation days
- Organized three discussion sessions for MEIC beam synchronization
- Developed new ideas for MEIC beam synchronization and presented at a MEIC accelerator R&D meeting;
- Continued working on bunched cooling LDRD
- Continued organization of COOL15 workshop