2015-Aug-07 Accel. R and D Biweekly Report
Revision as of 16:16, 8 February 2017 by Anichols (Created page with " Slava Derbenev <ul> <li>Continued working on scanning synchronization scheme and supporting technology, gave a short presentation at the discussion session <li>Studied the ge...")
- Continued working on scanning synchronization scheme and supporting technology, gave a short presentation at the discussion session
- Studied the gear-change beam-beam instability
- Worked with Yuhong on scientific program for COOL15 workshop
- Gave a presentation at Rick's Cafe
- Optimizing the storage-ring cooler optics to obtain small chromaticities and a large emittance.
- Writing a python translator to convert the MADX output file of rings’ optics into a ZGOUBI input file with the required format.
- Continued working on the improvement of code SLICKTRACK.
- Study of beam synchronization (presentations at the R&D and NP meetings).
- Study of non-linear dynamics in the ion collider ring tracking, working with Guohui, teleconference with SLAC).
- Ion polarization (support of Anatoliy's group, teleconference with them).
- Completion of a draft of an EPIC closeout report.
- Beam-beam code development (writing a paper on the tracking results).
- Isotope production (calculations, tracking, working with Amy).
- Lower effort activities: detector integration, electron cooling, SBIR.
- Beam optics simulations for ERL/isotope production project - Converging electron beam vs beam waist and resultant photon beam distributions. - Effects of solid photon radiators on electron and photon beam phase space distributions. - Induced angular spread and photon yield dependence on photon radiator thickness.
- Made Dynamic aperture maps for 2 CCB lattice of MEIC ion ring. Found 3 problems in dynamic aperture maps studies in CODE Elegant. One was solved, while two other under considering.
- Made a nonlinear parameter table for 2 CCB lattice of MEIC ion ring, including high order chromaticity and dynamic aperture with off momentum, etc.
- Initated error studies of first step for MEIC ion ring. Considering misalignment, strength error, BPM noise and corrector jitter.
- Organized two discussion sessions on beam synchronization
- Developed several new ideas on beam synchronization and collaborated with Vasily Morozov and Jiquan Guo
- Continued working on cooling demo LDRD
- Continued to work with Slava to complete COOL15 workshop program
- Supported Fulvia on MEIC R&D planning
What are expected in the next two weeks
- nothing special