2015-Jul-10 Accel. R and D Biweekly Report
Revision as of 15:48, 8 February 2017 by Anichols (Created page with " Slava Derbenev <ul> <li>Worked with Yuhong and the COOL'15 workshop committee for the invited presentations, it is nearly completed. <li>Worked with Yuhong to organize the sp...")
- Worked with Yuhong and the COOL'15 workshop committee for the invited presentations, it is nearly completed.
- Worked with Yuhong to organize the special R&D meeting on the beam synchronization
- Conducted studies and develop new ideas/concept for MEIC
- Debugging the spin tracking code SLICKTRACK and performed a spin tune scan to study the polarization lifetime as a function of the spin tune
- Studied the physics figure of merit for a continuous injection of electron beams in the MEIC electron collider, as nuclear physicists requested.
- Participated the discussion of storage-ring cooler scenario and working on the optics design of such a cooler.
- Prepared the MEIC quarterly report.
- Non-linear design of the ion collider ring: tracking, straightening out the RF parameters, holding a teleconference with SLAC, getting Guohui started.
- Ion polarization: holding a teleconference with Anatoly's group, helping them with getting spin tracking started, translating and editing a report and a DSPIN abstract.
- Miscellaneous work at a lower effort level: detector region design, beam-beam code, Skew PIC, isotope production, electron cooling.
- Continued work on parametric-resonance ionization cooling. Investigation of nonlinear resonances.
- Fast kicker LDRD simulations. Comparison of residual waveform effects on circulating bunch for stripline and resonant cavity kickers.
- Plans to participate in measurements of SLAC kicker properties in the coming weeks.
- started at JLab and primarily worked on all the requirements for a new employee
- Has been familiarizing himself with the project and his tasks, setting up and testing the simulation software on his computer and developing a script for betatron tune scan in the ion collider ring.
- primarily worked on bunched cooling domo LDRD (discussed with Haipeng Wang and He Zhang)
- Continued exploring new ideas for MEIC
- Worked with Slava and COOL'15 workshop committee for the invited presentations, it is nearly completed.
- Started the organization of special R&D meeting for beam synchronization
In the next two weeks
- Special R&D meeting on beam synchronization. Slava Derbenev and Vasily Morozov each will give a presentation. Preparations are underway and will be continued
- Amy Sy plans to participate in measurements of SLAC kicker properties in the coming weeks.
- Guohui Wei should finally complete the transition as a new employee