2015-Jun-12 Accel. R and D Biweekly Report
Revision as of 16:30, 8 February 2017 by Anichols (Created page with " Slava Derbenev <ul> <li>Investigation of a new (for use in MEIC) electron cooling concept" Matched Electron Cooling" (MEC): cooling in a coupled optics i-ring matched on the...")
- Investigation of a new (for use in MEIC) electron cooling concept" Matched Electron Cooling" (MEC): cooling in a coupled optics i-ring matched on the canonical Angular Momentum (CAM) with solenoid of the cooling section. Herein, the 4D transverse emittance of ions is not limited by the ion space charge. This phenomenon reveals luminosity gain for low ion energy of MEIC.
- Org. work with Y. Zhang for Cool 15 Workshop (Sept.28 - Oct. 02)
- Helping V. Morozov in preparing the Stewardship program proposal "Extreme Muon Beam Cooling" (in co-work with "MuonsPlus" of Rol Johnson).
- Continued working with Desmond Barber on the study of electron polarization in the MEIC during his visit at JLab.
- Participated discussion with Michael Sullivan on the interaction region design during his visit.
- Updated the optics design of the downstream of IP in the MEIC electron collider ring after discussion with nuclear physicists.
- Studied the possibility of a short arc FODO cell by using new magnets to reduce the emittance in the electron collider ring.
- Discussed the PEP-II magnet parameters with Tommy Hiatt and his student Jonathan Crumpler.
- Giving a talk on MEIC at the JLab users group meeting
- Working with Mike Sullivan and detector group on the interaction region design
- Giving a talk at the super-ferric magnet review and communicating with Peter McIntyre
- Tracking the ion collider ring and communicating with SLAC group
- Translating Anatoly's close-out report
- Miscellaneous: isotope production project, helping out with SPIC, SPIC stewardship proposal, seminar committee duties
- Continued work on parametric-resonance ionization cooling.
- More complex simulations of the coupled correlated optics required for the PIC dynamics.
- Preparation for a 1 hour presentation on PIC during the MAP-related bright muon sources phone meeting.
- Discussed with Desmond Barber and Mike Sullivan during their visits
- Participated two MEIC reviews
- Studied electron cooling
- Worked with the workshop committee on COOL15 program
- Completed RadWorker 1 training
- Worked with Fanglei, Slava and Vasily on the SBIR soliciting text
Next two weeks
- Another MEIC review (952 MHz RF system