2015-May-15 Accel. R and D Biweekly Report
Revision as of 15:25, 8 February 2017 by Anichols (Created page with " Highlights on activities <ul> <li>All group members attended IPAC15 (two talks and over a dozen posters) <li>Two MEIC visitors (Kondretenko and Barber) </ul> <br> Slava Derb...")
Highlights on activities
- All group members attended IPAC15 (two talks and over a dozen posters)
- Two MEIC visitors (Kondretenko and Barber)
- IPAC conference
- presented poster "Scanning Synchronization of Colliding Beams in MEIC"
- discussing topics of MEIC design (ion linac, boosters, beam-beam, cooling, polarization) with colleagues/experts in the fields
- Post-conference week
- working about idea of stacking/forming ion beams in rings with coupled (circular) betatron modes as possible way to overcome space charge limit for better e-cooling and luminosity
- other issues of MEIC designs have been discussed with A. Kondratenko and other colleagues of CASA
- Attended the IPAC15 at Richmond, had one talk and one poster.
- Worked with Desmond Barber in understanding and establishing the code SLICK/SLICKTRACK for the study of electron polarization in the MEIC.
- My main activities were IPAC and working with Anatoliy on ion polarization.
- Presented posters on helical bunch merge and skew PIC simulations at IPAC15
- Gave contributed talk on radioisotope production using ERLs at IPAC15
- Contributed nonlinear resonance simulations to skew PIC talk at MAP Spring Meeting
- Present 5 posters at IPAC
- Had many discussions with colleagues on MEIC on various MEIC R&D topics
- Working on LDRD bunched beam cooling demo project
- Started organization of COOL15 workshop
- A kick-off meeting for e-cooler
- Resume of MEIC R&D meeting
- A new visitor, Michael Sullivan of SLAC, will visit us on the first week of June