2015-Nov-06 Accel. R and D Biweekly Report
Revision as of 15:56, 8 February 2017 by Anichols (Created page with " Slava Derbenev <ul> <li>vacation </ul> <br> Fanglei Lin <ul> <li>Completed a prototype of a 2.2km electron collider ring optics with new matching and spin rotator sections...")
- Completed a prototype of a 2.2km electron collider ring optics with new matching and spin rotator sections that have small emittance contributions.
- Continued working on electron polarization studies in the new prototype of electron ring and spin matching.
- Ion collider ring: holding teleconferences on tracking
- Ion polarization: holding a teleconference with Anatoliy's group
- Beam-beam code development: benchmarking GHOST against Elegant and COSY
- ERL for isotope production: non-linear optics design, tracking and preparing for AccApp'15
- Writing and submitting a COOL'15 paper on Skew PIC
- Serving on interview committees
- Communicating with C. Montag about their ring-ring design
- Communicating with detector group
- Submitted paper on Fast RF Kicker to proceedings of COOL'15
- Prepared slides for talk on ERL for isotopes project to be given at AccApp'15 meeting
- Decoupling study of the JLEIC ion collider ring
- Discussion of multipole error of super-ferric dipole. And initial study of dynamic aperture with multi-pole error of super-ferric dipole in JLEIC ion collider ring.
- Correction with misalignment level of 0.3 mm and 0.3 mrad for the commits by Uli Wienends.
- Trip to China till Nov. 3
- Attended Christoph Montag's seminar and had the follow-up discussion with him
- Prepared slides for the talk at DOE-ONP PI meeting next week.