2015-Sep-04 Accel. R and D Biweekly Report
Revision as of 15:17, 8 February 2017 by Anichols
- Gave a presentation at the MEIC Accelerator R&D meeting it was a comprehensive review of MEIC R&D issues
- Continued to work on MEIC, focused on improving its performance
- Continued to work on COOL'15 workshop organization
- Gave Rick's Cafe seminar
- Prepared the section of “electron injection from CEBAF considering the synchronization”.
- Continued working on establishing the spin tracking using ZGOUBI and GPUSPINK.
- Prepared a SBIR letter of intent for a storage-ring cooler.
- Took one week vacation from Aug. 31 to Sep. 4.
- Took vacation at the second week
- Beam synchronization report.
- Ion collider ring: working with the lattice provided by Yuri.
- Isotope production: simulations and lattice development.
- SBIR: preparing LOI's and communicating with companies as a contact person.
- Ion polarization: teleconference with Anatoliy's team.
- Lower level activities: electron cooling, skew PIC, detector integration.
- Beam optics simulations for ERL/isotope production project
-MuSim simulations of refined beamline that assumes beam rastering on the photon radiator and matches to the effective beta functions of the beam after passing through the radiator.
-Obtained MCNP6 for isotope production simulations.
- Kicker LDRD
-In the coming weeks, will prepare talk/paper(?) on kicker development for COOL15.
- Preparing for coming of a new supercomputer with Yves Roblin. The new supercomputer has 96 GPU. Its system is Unix same as farm in Jlab. And CODE Pelegant is planned to be installed in this supercomputer.
- Created Wiki for MEIC Single Particle Nonlinear Beam Dynamics. All the reports in the collaboration with SLAC persons of Yuri Nosochkov and Min-Huey Wang should be included.
- Initiated decoupling study in MEIC ion ring
- Helped He Zhang to develop an estimate on cooling rate with distorted electron longitudinal phase space distribution
- Developed a tentative agenda for MEIC collaboration meeting
- Completed organization of COOL'15 workshop
- Continued to work on bunched beam cooling demo
- Helped Jiquan Guo to develop a poster and a paper for ion beam formation scheme and linac option for HIAT2015 workshop