Difference between revisions of "2015-Sep-18 Accel. R and D Biweekly Report"
(Created page with " Slava Derbenev <ul> <li>Completed an analytic estimations of space charge effect on the cooling electron beam at the ERL and the cooling solenoids and gave a talk at the MEIC...")
Revision as of 15:07, 8 February 2017
- Completed an analytic estimations of space charge effect on the cooling electron beam at the ERL and the cooling solenoids and gave a talk at the MEIC accelerator R&D meeting
- Continued MEIC conceptual design studies
- Continued the organization work of COOL15 workshop and collaboration meetings
- Gave two talks in Rick's cafe
- Looking at electron polarizations at high energies in the MEIC electron collider ring.
- Provided various electron ring downstream chicane optics and beam sizes, required by nuclear physicists.
- Continued working on establishing ZGOUBI, GPUSPINK and PTC.
- Will attend the COOL15 workshop from Sep.28 to Oct.2.
- Ion polarization: helping Anatoliy's group prepare DSPIN presentation, racetrack booster, presentation at one of the R&D meetings.
- Ion collider ring: exploring optics compensation schemes, holding teleconference with SLAC.
- Detector integration: helping with electron polarimeter and beam pipe simulations.
- SBIR: helped prepare three LOIs.
- Isotope production ERL: tracking, optics studies, teleconference with Niowave.
- Beam-beam code development: paper preparation.
- Made nonlinear multiple errors of dipole to ELEGANT deck for the MEIC ion Ring. Communicated with Michael Borland to ensure it was done correctly.
- Prepared for the new 96-core computer with Yves Roblin, completed installation of PELEGANT
- Established wiki for the MEIC Single Particle Nonlinear Beam Dynamics with Fanglei Lin and Vasiliy Morozov
- Study decoupling and beta beat matching of the MEIC ion ring
- Continued work on ERL/isotope production simulations: - Quantification of electron energy spread after passage through solid photon radiator. - Simulations of refined optics design for rastered, focused electron beams on thicker photon radiators.
- Fast kicker LDRD: - Met with Andrew Kimber, John Musson to discuss experimental work for inclusion in COOL'15 talk. - Kicker simulations for bunch frequency of 952 MHz. - Aggregation of material for COOL'15 talk.
- Continued working on bunched cooling LDRD
- Wrote an abstract for a poster on bunched cooling demo and submitted it to COOL15; Working on the poster
- Working on a poster for the JLab LDRD Poster Show
- Continued to write sections for the beam synchronization report
- Continued organization of COOL15 and MEIC collaboration meeting