2016-Apr-15 Accel. R and D Biweekly Report
Revision as of 14:04, 9 February 2017 by Anichols
Biweekly report, April 15, 2016
- Continued working on JLEIC design and accelerator R&D, particularly, revisited the concept using the electron storage ring as the large ion booster, made some improvement, gave a presentation at the JLEIC R&D meeting
- Continued working on unified field theory
- Initiated SuperB local chromaticity correction scheme to the electron collider ring.
- Working on a couple of electron ring optics to reduce the emittance.
- Continued discussion on the possibility of polarized positrons in the JLEIC for a LDRD proposal.
- Miscellaneous: attended bi-weekly non-linear beam dynamics meeting, attended JLEIC modeling and JeDi meeting, attended weekly EIC detector user meeting, attended weekly JLEIC R&D meeting, attended CASA group meeting.
My main activities in the past two weeks were:
- Ion polarization: teleconference with Anatoliy's group, spin tracking, IPAC 16 paper
- Non-linear dynamics: teleconference with SLAC, ion injection optics, beta squeeze, IPAC preparation
- Optimization of ion injector scheme: presentation at an R&D meeting
- Teleconferences with LBL on collaboration on ion magnet design
- Positron source LDRD: development of a scheme and proposal writing
- Miscellaneous: Skew PIC, GHOST paper, seminar committee
- Continued work on optimization of sextupole field strengths for compensation of nonlinear effects. Studied optimization using arbitrary, non-periodic normal and skew sextupoles in Skew PIC channel. Studied effects of body and thin sextupoles on particle radial offset.
- Began ERL merger geometry setup in G4Beamline.
- Muons, Inc. related activity: Completed draft of patent application for ERL for radioisotope production concept.
- Correction scheme of coherent orbit caused by detector solenoid
- Proceeding paper writing for IPAC'16
- The first week in vacation
- The second week I attended DIS2016 workshop and gave a talk on the JLEIC design.
- Worked on various issues of JLEIC