2016-Apr-29 Accel. R and D Biweekly Report
Revision as of 15:12, 8 February 2017 by Anichols
- Worked on electron cooling R&D, and gave a presentation at JLEIC R&D meeting
- Worked on various JLEIC R&D issues
- Helped Phillipe Piot to developed a proposal for NP FOA
- Continued working on electron ring optics to reduce the emittance.
- Continued discussion on the possibility of polarized positrons in the JLEIC for a LDRD proposal, presented high-level parameters at JLEIC R&D meeting.
- Preparing papers and posters for IPAC16.
- Miscellaneous: attended weekly EIC detector user meeting, attended weekly JLEIC R&D meeting, Discussion on wakefield power dumped in detector for JLEIC evaluation.
- Preparation for IPAC: working on three papers and reviewing Guohui's papers
- NP proposal: working on ion polarization and crab crossing sections
- Positron source for JLEIC and CEBAF
- Ion polarization: teleconference with Anatoliy's group
- Ion collider ring: development of beta squeeze
- Miscellaneous: skew PIC, interaction region
- Continued work on optimization of sextupole field strengths for compensation of nonlinear effects. Studied effects of phase-shifted body sextupoles on particle radial offset.
- Continued ERL merger geometry setup in G4Beamline. Studying adequacy of emittance calculation program ecalc9f for emittance calculation in bent solenoid system.
- Muons, Inc. related activity: Completed and submitted patent application for ERL for radioisotope production concept.
- Correction schemes for coherent orbit distortion caused by detector solenoid.
- Preparing three proceeding papers and posters for IPAC'16.
- Dynamic aperture study for JLEIC ion collider ring at injection mode
- Participating writing of FOA proposal
- Working on an IPAC poster
- Working some JLEIC R&D issues