2016-Dec-09 Accel. R and D Biweekly Report
Revision as of 10:02, 9 February 2017 by Anichols (Created page with " Slava Derbenev <ul> <li>Had developed a new idea on making magnetized beam using a non-magnetic gun, presented the idea at JLEIC R&D meeting <li>Assisted DOE EIC R&D Priority...")
- Had developed a new idea on making magnetized beam using a non-magnetic gun, presented the idea at JLEIC R&D meeting
- Assisted DOE EIC R&D Priority Review by attending dry-run and providing supporting slides (used during the review)
- Continued on JLEIC design study and unified field theory study
- Attended the EIC R&D review.
- Completed a TME-cell electron ring optics with the SuperB-like chromaticity compensation scheme and looking at the dynamic aperture and momentum acceptance.
- Miscellaneous: attended the JLEIC weekly R&D meeting, attended JLEIC detector user meeting, attended JLEIC General meeting, attended discussion of JLEIC polarized positrons production.
- Attendance and presentation at the EIC R&D prioritization committee meeting
- Ion polarization work: meeting with Anatoliy and his group, development of transition energy crossing scheme
- Geometry tagging LDRD: meeting with collaborators, setting up computer access, GEMC development
- Interaction region and background simulations: meetings with nuclear physicists
- Miscellaneous: Skew PIC, GHOST development, positron source
- Continued work on compensation of nonlinear effects in a Skew PIC channel. Reoptimized decapole harmonics by including a third harmonic to better control outlier particles. Phase space plots show that a third harmonic has the potential to shift those particles with the largest horizontal divergences away from resonant conditions.
- Submitted abstracts to IPAC17 on nonlinear effects in the Skew PIC channel and toroidal merger simulations in G4beamline.
- Revisiting toroidal merger work from the summer. Generating matched non-magnetized distributions for injection into a bent solenoid section. Exploring the generation of a magnetized distribution in G4beamline.
- Running GEMC with a input of several particles in LUND format.
- Worked on abstractions of IPAC'17 proceeding papers
- Continual research on detector solenoid compensation with skew quads nearby FFQ.
- Attended DOE NP EIC R&D Priority Review and presented at the review, provided material for one follow-up question
- Developed/completed new parameters for JLEIC
- Submitted three abstracts to IPAC17
- Completed 3 reviews (one PR-AB, two SBIR)
- Prepared slides for US-China High Energy Physics Summit
- Continued cooling experiment study