2016-Dec-09 Comp. Phys. Biweekly Report
Revision as of 13:50, 9 February 2017 by Anichols
- working on the fast multipole method using traceless totally symmetric tensor
- tested that the error goes down as the rank of the tensor is increased
- tested that the algorithm does scale like O(N)
- tested that one gets the expected speed up between the traceless and non-traceless tensor algorithms.
- contributed to the writing of a detailed plan for the IPM experiment analysis, future runs and simulations wrote about the simulations)
- presented the cooler calculations plan
- turning River’s report on the field emission simulation into a JLab technote. Reorganized the contents and rewritten parts of it. This is almost done, still need River to clear some details.
- Submitted two abstracts to IPAC 2017. One is about the trip rate and heat load optimization and the other is about the field emission.
- working on new method for matching the cebaf machine transversally
- drafted the work plan for the cooling simulations
- got pneumonia.
- reviewing littérature on beam-beam calculations and symplectic tracking
- cebaf model work. reviewing data on dipole measurements and tosca simulations, integrating into the model.
- developing method to extract local optics errors (multivariate analysis of multiple orbits )
- supported student for the c-speed experiment.