2016-Jan-22 Accel. R and D Biweekly Report
Revision as of 14:47, 8 February 2017 by Anichols (Created page with " Slava Derbenev <ul> <li>Continued conceptual development of MEIC, particular helped the cooler development team in refining the cooling beam parameters <li>Continued work in...")
- Continued conceptual development of MEIC, particular helped the cooler development team in refining the cooling beam parameters
- Continued work in unified field theory
- Re-establishing the beam-beam effect on the electron polarization in SLICKTRACK.
- Continued working on establishing the electron spin tracking using ZGOUBI.
- Discussed with nuclear physicists (and will optimize) the electron detector region optics to reduce the synchrotron radiation background.
- Miscellaneous: preparing a journal paper about the GHOST development, prepared quarterly report, prepared abstracts for IPAC16, attended MEIC-related meetings.
- Ion polarization: teleconference with Anatoliy's group, translation of the DoE quarterly report, presentation at an R&D meeting, chromaticity compensation in a racetrack booster.
- GHOST development: preparation of a journal paper on the tracking part.
- Interaction region: optimization of interaction region lattice per nuclear physicists' request.
- Miscellaneous: beam synchronization report, seminar committee duties, working with Amy and Guohui, translation of Slava's thesis, SBIR activities.
- * ERL for isotopes: Preparing paper for AccApp'15 proceedings.
- * Skew PIC: Investigated dependence of particle offset and angle on initial angle, momentum offset in coupled correlated optics channel for guidance on aberration compensation.
- * Merger: Reviewing material on COSY electron cooler merger design, preparing simulation plan for merger for JLEIC bunched beam cooler.
- * Limit multipole survey for Final Focus Quadrupole in JLEIC ion collider ring, including systemic and random components;
- * Method searching of magnet quality study for large-beta dipoles in JLEIC ion collider ring;
- * Reference paper survey of magnet quality of LHC, RHIC, and Tevatron.
- * Completed a quarterly report for DOE MEIC grant
- * Organized a meeting for planning the bunched cooling experiment in China, attended teleconference, etc.
- * Preparing slides for the next month AAC review
- * attended various MEIC related meetings, run the R&D meeting