2016-Jul-08 Accel. R and D Biweekly Report
Revision as of 10:47, 9 February 2017 by Anichols (Created page with " Slava Derbenev <ul> <li>Continued conceptual development study of JLEIC <li>Continued field theory study </ul> <br> Fanglei Lin <ul> <li>medical leave </ul> <br> Vasily Mor...")
- Continued conceptual development study of JLEIC
- Continued field theory study
- medical leave
- Preparing and submitting NAPAC 16 and SPIN 16 abstracts: ion and electron polarizations, JLEIC overview, ion and electron beam dynamics simulations.
- Ion polarization: teleconferences with Anatoly's group, NAPAC 16 and SPIN 16 abstracts, updated work plan, translating annual report.
- Ion complex integration: meeting and analysis of ion beam parameters at injection into the ion collider ring.
- Miscellaneous: Skew PIC, interaction region, seminar committee.
- Continued work on compensation of nonlinear effects for Skew PIC channel. Decapole optimization with angular spread up to 26 mrad using both in-phase and phase-shifted decapoles.
- Continued ERL merger studies in G4Beamline. Comparison of transverse and longitudinal emittance growth through straight-toroid-straight sections for drift correction using dipoles and tilted solenoid coils. Will implement fringe fields for dipole components for further comparison.
- attended StayTreat
- Continued working on luminosity optimization without cooling during collision
- Worked on other topics in JLEIC
- Attended many meetings