2016-Jul-22 Accel. R and D Biweekly Report
Revision as of 14:58, 8 February 2017 by Anichols (Created page with " Slava Derbenev <ul> <li>worked on various issues for JLEIC, particularly strong cooling </ul> Fanglei Lin <ul> <li>Finished a prototype of an electron collider ring optics w...")
- worked on various issues for JLEIC, particularly strong cooling
- Finished a prototype of an electron collider ring optics with TME-like arc cells and initiated the study of the beam nonlinear dynamics.
- Started the study of the beam nonlinear dynamics in a prototype of an electron collider ring optics with new-magnet FODO arc cells.
- Miscellaneous: attended the bi-weekly non-linear beam dynamics meeting, attended the JLEIC NP oriented meeting, attended the JLEIC modeling meeting, attended a discussion of optimization of JLEIC luminosity.
- Ion polarization: collider injection lattice for spin tracking, orbit correction, debugging Zgoubi
- Crab crossing: working with Salvador, planning, setting up tools and lattices
- Miscellaneous: Skew PIC, detector region discussions, ion complex integration
- Continued work on compensation of nonlinear effects for Skew PIC channel. Reoptimization of octupoles due to asymmetric particle distribution. Newly optimized octupoles correct the average radial offset to values ~20-30% larger than in previous simulations. Comparison of optimized octupole values for particle distributions with and without momentum spread.
- Continued ERL merger studies in G4Beamline. Studying longitudinal emittance growth in the presence of transverse magnetic fields.
- Literature search on polarized ion sources in context of JLEIC required parameters.
- Start research on Ground Motion Activities at the JLEIC
- Submit An abstract to NA-PAC'16.
- Vertical dispersion caused by detector solenoid and its influence on IBS life time
- Participated in cooling experiment data analyses
- Attended many meetings
- Worked on luminosity performance without cooling
- Worked with colleagues on various JLEIC issues (strong cooling, ground motion and e-ring redesign, etc.)