2016-Jun-27 Comp. Phys. Biweekly Report
Revision as of 12:41, 20 July 2016 by Anichols
Attended TAC review.
Meeting with Bogdan's student on CMB experiment
Organizing simulation activities for JLEIC
Refined parameter set for the cooler. Presented work from H. Zhang which sets an upper limit on the larmor emittance.
Setting up infrastructure to simulate the ion linac.
Installing Synergia on the QCD supercomputers
- Continued working with River on the symplectic integration methods for the cooling code.
- Continued working on heat load and trap rate optimization for the CEBAF linac. Investigating the use of various multi-objective optimization algorithms to do it. In particular, a Python implementation (PyGMO). Getting familiar with Python.
- Continuing development of c++ code for a symplectic hermite integrator for use in the cooling code.
- writing a summary of the work on field emission for SLAC.
- preparing a FMM paper, generating data and simulations for it.