2016-Mar-09 Comp. Phys. Biweekly Report
Revision as of 13:49, 20 July 2016 by Anichols
- Working on cooling LDRD.
- reviewed/read literature on cooling pertinent to the simulations we are doing now
- met with Rui Li for a detailed discussion on how to best handle the collisions for the cooling calculations.
- working with River on the field emission simulations
- going to "workshop Future Trends in Nuclear Physics Computing"" held at JLAB from 03/16-18
- working on the field emission simulations
- Supported CEBAF accelerator running and HALL A setups.
- preparing a talk for the APEX readiness review
- preparing and organizing meetings about modeling tools one should use (and their adequacies, do they meet the needs) for EIC
- attended meeting on machine layout and beamline optics management for JLEIC.
- reviewing cooling literature, list of parameters we are currently using and writing a spreadsheet to check for self-consistency between them.
- Supporting UITF for translation of optics decks and import into CED.