2016-Mar-17 Accel. R and D Biweekly Report
Revision as of 15:30, 8 February 2017 by Anichols (Created page with " Slava Derbenev <ul> <li>Participated cooler design, gave a tutorial talk <li>Developed a new (head-on) scheme for ERL, gave a presentation <li>Study of unified field theory...")
- Participated cooler design, gave a tutorial talk
- Developed a new (head-on) scheme for ERL, gave a presentation
- Study of unified field theory
- Finished and presented an updated version of the electron ring optics in the downstream of IP ccording to nuclear physicists’ request.
- Studied and presented one chromaticity compensation scheme for the electron collider ring.
- Presented an overview of electron collider ring design options for control of the emittance.
- Miscellaneous: attended bi-weekly non-linear beam dynamics meeting, attended weekly EIC detector user meeting, discussed computational resources, attended weekly JLEIC R&D meeting.
- Ion polarization: working with Anatoliy's group, spin tracking, translating, planning
- Magnet specifications: determining aperture requirements at injection, teleconference with LBNL
- 200 GeV cost estimate input
- Non-linear dynamics in the ion and electron collider rings: working with Guohui and Fanglei, teleconference with SLAC
- Miscellaneous: skew PIC, detector integration, translating Slava's dissertation, seminar committee.
- Skew PIC: Worked with visitor Yu Bao on skew PIC coupled correlated optics. Refining optimization routine in MADX for minimization of particle radial offsets due to chromatic effects.
- ERL for isotopes: Prepared and presented ERL for isotopes seminar at ODU CAS.
- Study on compensation of detector solenoid in JLEIC collider ring.
- Multipole survey for JLEIC ion collider ring considering LHC data and physical aperture
- Prepared reports for JLEIC Collaboration Meeting Spring 2016 and wrote IPAC16's proceeding paper
- Completed the program for the collaboration meeting
- attended various JELIC meetings.
- Worked on issues for cooling experiment
- Worked on various issues for JLEIC.