2016-May-13 Accel. R and D Biweekly Report
Revision as of 12:57, 9 February 2017 by Anichols (Created page with " Slava Derbenev <ul> <li>Continue JLEIC design studies (polarization, electron cooling) <li>Vacation (second week) </ul> <br> Fanglei Lin <ul> <li>Finished and submitted pape...")
- Continue JLEIC design studies (polarization, electron cooling)
- Vacation (second week)
- Finished and submitted papers and posters for IPAC16.
- Submitted the storage cooler paper to the arXiv.
- Implementing the SuperB chromaticity compensation scheme to JLEIC electron ring.
- Preparing elegant and sdds file to import the JLEIC deck to the JeDi.
- Miscellaneous: attended the bi-weekly non-linear beam dynamics meeting, attended the weekly EIC detector user meeting, attended the monthly CASA meeting.
- Preparation of three papers and posters for IPAC.
- Ion collider ring design: design of a vertical dogleg.
- Non-linear dynamics: teleconference with SLAC, planning future work.
- Ion polarization: teleconference with Anatoliy's group, preparation of a lattice for spin tracking.
- Identifying magnet baseline parameters: filling out baseline wiki and meeting with Tim.
- Miscellaneous: skew PIC, IR design meetings with NP, translation of Slava's thesis.
- Continued work on compensation of nonlinear effects for Skew PIC channel. Fixed sextupole field strengths and began optimization of octupole field strengths.
- Continued ERL merger geometry setup in G4Beamline. Implementing dipoles to correct vertical drift of particles along bent trajectory.
- Began studies on crab crossing dynamics for JLEIC.
- Scenarios of coherent orbit correction caused by detector solenoid at JLEIC
- Submit three proceeding papers to IPAC'16.
- Writing a journal paper of "Beam dynamic integration for the full-acceptance detector at JLEIC"
- Prepared a poster for IPAC, worked with others on IPAC posters and papers
- Developed new ideas/concepts for JLEIC
- Started exploring of vibration issue of the JLEIC ring
- Attend IPAC