Difference between revisions of "2017-10-16"
|Line 135:||Line 135:|
'''Diagnostic Development - K. Jordan'''<br>
'''Diagnostic Development - K. Jordan'''<br>
Revision as of 09:11, 16 October 2017
Director - M. Spata
Accelerator Physics - T. Satogata
Previous two weeks (Oct 2-Oct 13) - OPS: BTeam (Oct 3), start ATLis cleanup - OPS: 12 GeV beam parameter meeting, notes to Alex - JLEIC: Prepare talk for BNL collaboration meeting - IPAC18: SPMS support work - JACOW: Team Meeting travel planning, organization - JLEIC: Continue assembling documents, pCDR meetings/planning - HALLD: Help McCaughan prepare slides for GlueX collab meet talk (Oct 12) - JLEIC: Collaboration Meeting (Oct 9-13) - ADMIN: Initiate annual review process - SICK: Oct 5 Next two weeks (Oct 16-Oct 27) - OPS: BTeam (Oct 17), ATLis cleanup, ORFP update review - ADMIN: Peer review NIM paper (overdue) - IPAC18: Editorial board support, SPMS support work - JACOW: Team Meeting travel planning, organization - JLEIC: Continue assembling documents, pCDR meetings/planning - JLEIC: Booster injection scheme work (with Ed) - ADMIN: Weekly meetings with students (Randy, Eric) - ADMIN: Continue annual review process
Previous two weeks (Oct 2-Oct 13) - NUFACT: Write, finish paper for NUFACT'17 proceedings - USPAS: Continue work on lectures for "Practical Accelerator Design" - VACATION: Oct 6-13 Next two weeks (Oct 16-Oct 27) - ADMIN: Peer review PRAB paper, annual review process - OPS: 12 GeV beam parameter meeting, notes - PERLE: End to end simulation development
Previous two weeks (Oct 2-Oct 13) - JLEIC: continue with tilted solenoid: generate transfer matrix (numerical differentiation); start comparing to conventional modeling - JLEIC: continue responding to any results Chris develops on the simple CCR arcs and writing up the simple arc - ADMIN: talks for collaboration meeting, Bonn, and Daresbury - JLEIC: Gave talk on cooler test beds for EIC collaboration meeting Next two weeks (Oct 16-Oct 27) - ADMIN: Bonn travel, annual review process - JLEIC: continue with tilted solenoid: generate transfer matrix (numerical differentiation); start comparing to conventional modeling - JLEIC: continue responding to any results Chris develops on the simple CCR arcs and writing up the simple arc - JLEIC: write up kicker estimates to provide "straight merger" support.
Previous two weeks (Oct 2-Oct 13) - VACATION: Oct 2-3 - JLEIC: Prepare slides on collective effects for EIC collab meet - JLEIC: Collaboration Meeting (Oct 9-13) Next two weeks (Oct 16-Oct 27) - ADMIN: read/edit manuscript for Cheng-Ying - JLEIC: Follow up on collaboration meeting collective effects - JLEIC: Start documenting collective effects in tech note
Previous two weeks (Oct 2-Oct 13) - JLEIC: figure out the best way of combatting injection synchrobetatron coupling and hopefully get a good injection simulation going. Reading up on injection methods. - JLEIC: Listening in on EIC collaboration meeting - VACATION: Oct 9 Next two weeks (Oct 16-Oct 27) - JLEIC: Finish injection literature search - JLEIC: Improve injection scheme, coordinate parameters with Todd - VACATION: Oct 20
Previous two weeks (Oct 2-Oct 13) - PERLE: microbunching analysis for first full turn of PERLE (it's bad) - ADMIN: read/edit manuscript for Cheng-Ying - CSR: read and work through PRSTAB on CSR published several weeks ago - JLEIC: continue to understand discrepancy between Bmad and other codes - JLEIC: microbunching analysis for multiple turns in CCR - looks good Next two weeks (Oct 16-Oct 27) - JLEIC: (hopefully) model CCR arc in Bmad with CSR shielding - JLEIC: next steps for e-cooler...?
Previous two weeks (Oct 2-Oct 13) - Dissertation writing: Continue coasting beam chapter, tech note Next two weeks (Oct 16-Oct 27) - Dissertation writing: Hopefully coasting beam chapter, tech note
Accelerator R and D - Y. Zhang
- Continued optimization of detector region optics in the electron collider ring.
- Prepared the presentation and attended EIC collaboration meeting at BNL.
- Miscellaneous: attended CASA group meeting, attended the JLEIC R&D meeting, attended JLEIC parameter coordination meeting.
- Preparation for and participation in the EIC collaboration meeting: talks on polarization dynamics and interaction region design.
- Geometry tagging LDRD: preparation and submission of a project data sheet.
- Planning design and R&D activities.
Activities planned in the upcoming two weeks:
- Preparation of a 45 min talk for the 2017 Accelerator R&D PI Exchange Meeting.
- Preparation of a presentation for the ICFA Mini-Workshop on Dynamic Apertures of Circular Accelerators.
- Preparation and submission of the final report on the 2017 LDRD geometry tagging project.
- Presentation on the beam polarization design at a Wednesday detector meeting.
- Planning collaboration with SLAC and BNL.
- Started preparing draft documentation for JLEIC ion source requirements. Met with Matt Poelker and others to discuss a path forward for the atomic beam polarized ion source SBIR with Muons, Inc. Will likely revise the SBIR proposal to focus on a D- ion source for JLEIC/as a polarimeter in CEBAF.
- Data analysis for Geometry Tagging LDRD: continued generating plots of nuclear thickness and yield as a function of relative rigidity and A of nuclear remnant for detected particles through the ion downstream final focus triplet. Began plotting similar plots for the second data set using density-weighted distance data.
- Attended the EIC Collaboration Meeting at BNL.
- Attended EIC collaboration meeting at BNL, prepared/gave a talk
- Completed a revision of staged cooling scheme
Computational Physics - Y. Roblin
Diagnostic Development - K. Jordan
- Submitted requisition for $371k worth of waveguide for LERF project
- Continued updating wiki
- Waveguide review posted to https://wiki.jlab.org/lerf/index.php/Reviews
- Working to finish Safety Assessment document, update schedule
- Cryomodule shuffle has begun, first is to secure the vacuum on the 3 modules w/clean tent
- This week I finished up the LCLS-II waveguide layout. We had a review that went well. A list of the WG components were made and you generated a purchase requisition.
- A little time was spent on cleaning up Lab 2.
- Had a conservation with Bryce to talk about the upcoming experiment.
- Working on JPos17 contributions plus I am reviewing the antiparallel acceleration mode with Wojtsekhowski. There may be options available to reduce exposure to C100 radiation damage.
- Still trying to begin mass flow conversation, configure SLM expansion proposal for Arc 10, and get a start on characterizing/demonstrating optical resolution experimentally, prior to diagnostic installation. *Plus X-ray direct imaging.
LERF - S. Benson
- Prepared presentation for EIC collaboration meeting
- Attended EIC collaboration meeting.
- Finish writing up papers for COOL17 and JPos17
- Prepare presentation for EINN meeting
- Finish Research plan for Cooler ring.