Director - M. Spata
No report. Acting Director Accelerator Division
Accelerator Physics - T. Satogata
Accelerator R and D - Y. Zhang
- Prepared a tech note of the current electron ring baseline design for the Pre-CDR.
- Preparing a paper for JPos17 proceeding.
- Working on the modification/optimization of electron collider ring.
- Miscellaneous: attended discussion of IP magnets with engineers, attended discussion of using electron ring as ion booster with ANL colleagues, attended discussion of crab crossing in the electron ring, attended the JLEIC R&D meeting, attended JLEIC detector meeting.
- Ion collider ring design: integration of the latest IR into the lattice
- Ion polarization: working with Anatoliy's group on a proposal of a spin-tune-0 experiment in RHIC
- JLEIC planning: meeting with Ferdinand about collaboration with BNL, planning meetings
- Crab crossing: working with River on crab crossing with beam beam and working with Salvador and Fanglei on implementing crab crossing in the electron collider ring
- Detector integration: meeting with Mark Wiseman and his group on the IR magnet design, development of a new compensation scheme for the detector solenoid
- Meeting on a beam formation scheme
- Presented current toroidal merger simulation results at the Cooler meeting. Low energy beam shows good horizontal emittance preservation, but an order of magnitude growth in the vertical emittance. Inclusion of space charge effects results in an order of magnitude growth in the momentum spread. Suggestions for future simulations include increasing the momentum spread in the low energy beam and better separation of the high and low energy beamline sections to better preserve the quality of the high energy beam.
- Increased momentum spread of low energy beam from 3e-4 to 1e-3. Transverse properties are unaffected and the space charge-induced growth of momentum spread is reduced to ~ factor of 3.
- Reduced "flatness" of the initial beam from x:y of 1000:1 to 100:1. Horizontal emittance is unaffected and vertical emittance growth reduced to ~ factor of 1.5.
- Geometry tagging LDRD: trying to understand discrepancy in d1 vs. yield plots for detection of light ion multiplicities and for detection of nuclear remnants.
- Finish the first version of a draft of a Journal paper, "Integration of the full-acceptance detector at the JLEIC
- Update on compensation study of detector solenoid effects
- Working on the LDRD1804 of Geometry tagging. Trying to add a detector at the first downstream final focus quadrupole to detect cascading proton and neutron.
- Gave a talk on JLEIC overview to engineers
- Attended discussion with Willike
- Continued exploration of small aperture magnets.
Computational Physics - Y. Roblin
Diagnostic Development - K. Jordan
LERF - S. Benson