Difference between revisions of "2017-Feb-03 Accel. R and D Biweekly Report"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Latest revision as of 14:52, 8 February 2017
- Studied alternate cooler design (with emittance exchange)
- Continued studies of unified field theory
- Provided the electron ring lattice with new magnets for the evaluation of impedance budget.
- Finished and submitted the paper for Spin Symposium 2016.
- Performed chromaticity compensation studies on the TME-like-arc-cell electron ring optics and presented the progress in the bi-weekly non-linear beam dynamics meeting.
- Miscellaneous: attended the beam-beam code development meetings, attended JLEIC weekly R&D meetings, attended discussion of JLEIC and ring coordinate systems.
- Ion polarization: SPIN'16 proceedings, teleconference with Anatoliy and his colleagues, simulations of acceleration and transition energy crossing, presentation at an R&D meeting
- GHOST development: getting ready for beam-beam simulations, specifying parameters, generating beam-transfer maps
- Non-linear dynamics: teleconference with SLAC, electron lattice and chromaticity compensation options, tune scan
- Miscellaneous: geometry tagging LDRD, crab crossing, detector design, muon cooling, positron workshop organization
Skew PIC: Modified MADX input files for compatibility with genetic algorithm optimization on ifarm cluster. Working on comparing multipole optimization results obtained using MINUIT and with the genetic algorithm. Introduced a simple cooling model into the Skew PIC channel to simulate ideal ionization cooling and observed damping in transverse phase space in the absence of induced parametric resonance. This is an indication of transverse-longitudinal coupling in the channel. Induced a parametric resonance in the channel using both "delta-like" and "sinusoidal-like" quadrupoles, but parametric resonance behavior gets washed out in the presence of RF. Looking into the dynamics of the inherent transverse-longitudinal coupling.
- Simulated 10000 events of ePb collision in JLEIC IR section for the LDRD of Geometry tagging for heavy ions at JLEIC.
- Dynamic aperture study with tune scan for the JLEIC ion collider ring.
- Study on detector solenoid compensation with skew quads beside IR triplet.
- Attended a high energy physics program at Hong Kong Univ. for two weeks. Gave a 45 min plenary talk on review of EIC
- Completed a quarterly report on FOA grant
- Started preparation of the JLEIC spring collaboration