Director - M. Spata
No report. Acting Accelerator Division Head.
Accelerator Physics - T. Satogata
Previous two weeks (Apr 31-May 11) - IPAC18: Scientific secretariat work (student program, light peer review) - JLEIC: pCDR writing, template, EIC lunch, visitors (Peggs, Next two weeks (May 14-May 25) - JLEIC: pCDR writing, template, EIC lunch, impedance and R&D meetings - JLEIC: P&C Meeting (May 21) - ODU: Continue Randy advising, presentation to committee (May 24) - ADMIN: Leadership/group meetings, staffing input and planning - ADMIN: Prepare for summer student arrivals - IPAC18: Complete proceedings, light peer review, delegate survey - OPS: BTeam meetings, Hall D optics analysis
Previous two weeks (Apr 31-May 11) - IPAC18: Apr 31-May 4 (light peer review) - VACATION: May 7-11 Next two weeks (May 14-May 25) - IPAC18: Light peer review development - PERLE process followup
Previous two weeks (Apr 31-May 11) - IPAC18: Apr 31-May 4 (delegate) - IPAC18: CSR meeting with experts in field, path forward in field for theory, simulation, and experiment - JLEIC: Clean up IPAC papers, start pCDR documentation - JLEIC: Prepare for impedance meeting Next two weeks (May 14-May 25) - JLEIC: Impedance meeting (May 14) - JLEIC: Work on pCDR writeup - VACATION: (May 17-18)
Previous two weeks (Apr 31-May 11) - JLEIC: Finalize IPAC paper - JLEIC: Reading up on octupole detuning, set up madx optimization - JLEIC: initial draft writing for pCDR Next two weeks (May 14-May 25) - JLEIC: Finish draft writing for pCDR - JLEIC: Continue booster nonlinear optimization work
Previous two weeks (Apr 31-May 11) - IPAC18: Apr 31-May 4 (delegate) - IPAC18: Finish IPAC papers and documentw rok Next two weeks (May 14-May 25) - ADMIN: Migrate laptops (to Dave's old one) - JLEIC: translate DIMAD ERL-to-CCR transport to elegant to build up full S2E of cooler - PERLE: Continued CSR analysis
Accelerator R & D - Y. Zhang
Computational Physicss - Y. Roblin
Diagnostic Development - K. Jordan
LERF - S. Benson
April 30-May 11
- Worked on preparing the LERF for the isotope visit
- Hosted Cooler ring meeting May 9th (no quorum for the meeting on the 2nd) and wrote up minutes
- Prepared and presented talk for IOTA/FAST workshop and held discussions with NIU grad students about the FOA work.
- Started putting together AWP for FOA proposal
- Hosted visit from Steve Peggs for CBETA discussions
- Arrange for collaboration with HZDR for Elbe II facility.
- Complete AWP for FOA proposal
- Derive draft budget for isotope production
- Revise LOD to match new ASE document.
- Continue cleaning up the LERF for isotope visit.
- Attend teleconference with DOE for isotope project.