Director - M. Spata
No report. Acting Accelerator Department Head
Accelerator Physics - T. Satogata
Accelerator R & D - Y. Zhang
- Continued exploration of JLEIC collider rings' geometry and presented in the JLEIC R&D meeting.
- Implementing vertical doglegs in the electron collider ring.
- Working on the pCDR documentation.
- Miscellaneous: participated HE-JLEIC discussion, attended CASA group meeting, attended the JLEIC R&D meetings, attended JLEIC detector meeting.
- May 12 - May 25
- JLEIC IR design: editing of Guohui's IR design paper completed, first draft of the IR section for the pCDR completed, development of the detector background section outline
- JLEIC polarization: teleconference with Anatoliy's group, work on the polarization section of the pCDR, report on the effect of the potential energy increase on the ion polarization scheme
- Preparing and giving talks on the JLEIC design and R&D at the JLEIC advisory committee meeting and INFN delegation meeting
- Collider rings' design: implementation of the compact solenoid decoupling scheme developed by Anatoliy's group
- Geometry tagging LDRD: working on getting the Sartre event generator working on JLab's farm
- May 26 - June 8
- Writing of pCDR sections
- Collider ring design consistent with the available footprint
- Working on the closeout report for skew parametric-resonance ionization cooling (Skew PIC). Summarizing the work that was done and results obtained.
- Working on the JLEIC ion sources chapter for both the pre-CDR and the ICFA beam dynamics newsletter contribution.
- On Leave
- Explored RHIC magnets for the JLEIC ion collider ring
- Organized study on high-energy JLEIC, worked on several issues (ion injector, baseline, luminosity estimate)
- Worked with Fanglei on figure-8 footprint
- Attended several meetings to discuss preCDR
- Organized writing a contribution to ICFA Beam Dynamics newsletter
- Continued to write preCDR
Computational Physics - Y. Roblin
Diagnostic Development - K. Jordan
LERF - S. Benson