Difference between revisions of "2019-01-07-CasaLeadership"

From Administrative
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 17: Line 17:
 
** Todd will ask Tristan to set up a "recent papers" board and update the CASA wiki with them.
 
** Todd will ask Tristan to set up a "recent papers" board and update the CASA wiki with them.
  
* [[https://www.office.com/?auth=2&home=1 Office365 link]]
+
* [https://www.office.com/?auth=2&home=1 Office365 link]
  
 
== Action Items ==
 
== Action Items ==

Revision as of 11:28, 7 January 2019

Attendees

A. Bogacz, K. Jordan, Y. Roblin, T. Satogata, Y. Zhang

Meeting Agenda

  • Leadership Meeting on wiki
    • We will run the CASA leadership meeting from the CASA administrative wiki.
    • Tristan is getting up to speed with the wiki to update the biweekly reports.
  • Administrative
    • Absences and travel should be coordinated through Tristan, particularly now that we are transitioning from Zimbra to O365 calendars.
    • Postdoc interviews are scheduled this week for the first postdoc. Todd has circulated the second postdoc to other labs to try to generate more applications.
  • Appraisals
    • Please complete FY18 appraisals promptly. We are already a little behind in the appraisal process, and should aim to have employees sign their appraisals over the next week. This is particularly important with Yuhong and Todd on travel later in January.
  • Publications
    • Todd is starting to encourage personnel to write tech notes, including tech notes on history and decision rationale (e.g. pCDR-100 ion injector complex design decisions). Tech notes can be narratives; they have a much lower bar to publication than even conference papers.
    • We have already put in the summer 2018 student papers into the tech note system so they can be referenced in pCDR-100.
    • Todd will start reviewing and publicizing tech notes in monthly group meetings.
    • Todd will ask Tristan to set up a "recent papers" board and update the CASA wiki with them.

Action Items