- See 8-8-18 presentation for meeting
- Using GPT to model ion production and determine ion production rates...need to wait until PC arrives. I am unable to use GPT on RHEL Linux
- According to Reiser, newly formed ions leave the beam if they are negatively charged and stay if positively charged. GPT simulations should confirm this.
- Calculating the distribution of backbombarding ions at the photocathode - need to look at their special distribution, energy distribution, etc. GPT should simulate this; however, theoretical calculations would most likely involve solving the Boltzmann/Landau kinetic equation...not sure what the best way of going about this is.
- Look into the effectiveness of having a gap in the beam that would allow ions to leave the beam during the gap. Answer similar questions as above. -- will be discussing how to implement this into GPT software.
- Look into effectiveness of a clearing electrode. Can a Wien filter be used as a clearing electrode? What's the non-obvious difference between a vertical Wien filter and a horizontal Wien Filter?
- Look into beam shaking as an alternative method for ion clearing?