200kV High Voltage Power Supply & Controls
This page contains information about the high voltage power supply controls used at CEBAF and UITF.
- Power Supplies and Controller
- +/- 30 kV HVPS  AE-30P1-LG (+30kV) and AE-30N1-LG (-30kV) File:Matsusada AE series spec sheet.pdf
- Media:Matsusada PS output voltage accuracy.pdf
- Media:Matsusada PS quote JeffersonLabAE09062017-1.pdf
- Matsusda HV power supplies operations manual Media:Matsusada AE 30kV PS series manual.pdf
- Media:CO series communication controller.pdf
- Media:CO series REV 0.4.pdf
- Media:cable quote.pdf
- Power Supply Settings
Terminals 1-2, 3-4 and 7-8 on the rear of the Matsusada power supplies should be jumpered for correct operation in our application. 1-2 is to allow remote HV enabling (or rather a switch-based disabling, which we don't use). 7-8 allows for remote operation of the supplies. The 'Local / IEEE-488' switch on the rear of the unit should be set to IEEE-488 (GPIB) for remote operation of the supplies.
- Controller Settings
DIP switches on the rear of the CO-HV controllers need to be set correctly. Switches 1-5 define the unit address. We use address 1 for the positive supply of each Wien, address 2 for the negative supply. Switch 8 defines the 'upper connection' of the optical link, essentially the system master. Set switch 8 on the unit that is addressed 1.
Here is the pinout of the control cable that connects the CO-HV controller to the power supply:
- HV Switcher chassis & controls
- Media:HV switch chassis schematic.pdf
- Media:HV switch I0177M1.pdf
- Media:HV switch I0178F1.pdf
- Media:HV switch I0179F1.pdf
- Media:HV switch I0180F1.pdf