200kV Wien filter - V3
Revision as of 09:55, 24 October 2019 by Grames
- The version of the Wien filter described here is an improved version of the one tested in UITF beamline with the following changes:
- 40 kV CeramTec HV feedthroughs (3/4" diameter).
- Spring-guide to couple to 40 kV feedthrough
- Spring to match design, but we had to use some that are slightly magnetic. Danny ordered new non-magnetic springs and gave them to Phil.
- HV tests have been performed without the magnet coil and without the iron yokes
- Media:Wien filter modeled in CTS by Gabriel and tested to 20kV per plate in UITF 2019.pptx
- Gabriel's first test with 40 kV feedthroughs applying 19 kV per plate Wien on test stand
- Oct 24 2019 - Wien magnet assembly at UITF