Revision as of 10:04, 25 May 2021 by Michaelm
To connect to the meeting, please do the following: Time: Wednesday at 9:00 AM EST.
- To join via a Web Browser, go to the page  https://bluejeans.com/946721076.
- To join via Polycom room system go to the IP Address: 126.96.36.199 (bjn.vc) and enter the meeting ID: 946721076.
- To join via phone, use one of the following numbers and the Conference ID: 946721076.
- Dial Either +1 408 740 7256 or +1 888 240 2560 for US or Canada
- Supplementary Shielding Installation: Mid-June
- Beamline Commissioning / Test Plans / Shielding Verification
- 7/26/21 Start Hot Check-out
- Commission new beam line and execute experiment
New items for discussion:
Short term schedule update:
- Area up to transition after solenoid under vacuum. RGA leak check completed.
- Downstream viewer / faraday cup assembly under vacuum. RGA leak check completed.
- Last 4 5/8" bpm pulled from elevated line & installed. (One: failed insertion measurements & w/ John Musson, One: stripped tap hole).
- New valve closed & middle diagnostic cross connected to upstream stuff on 2.75" flanges using bellows & available nipple with 4 5/8" flanges. NEG heated with 1A to drive out H2O. Pump cart is online & pumping @ 1500 Hz (i.e., good). Downstream spool piece + flange also installed. All but ~2 feet of beam line now under vacuum and leak checked.
- Vacuum falling, but light bake may be required once we have completed installation.
- Roof tiles off for HDIce & Dilution refrigerator craned out (5/25). Roof tiles replaced again this morning (5/26).
- Last spool piece [4.5" flange x 24.5" long x 4 5/8" flange] under fabrication. (Note: Pump cart w/ RGA suffering intermittent leak; Matt isolated to 11 L/s pump & 4-way cross joint - 4-way cross new, so swap out 11 L/s pump if it's an issue. One is staged on shelf in cave.) To install:
- Ion pumps OFF
- Purge with GN2 from both sides, one side through pump cart, the other side through kwik flange with 1/4" compression port.
- Use other pump cart from vacuum lab TL1137 (attached to the LIGO tube station) to vent from both sides, with GN2. Wait until Matt's return if desired.
- One more pump down and RGA leak check
- Add the thin window
- Heat / bake beam line
- Activate NEGs
- Move ion pumps onto house power / UHV supplies.
- Gun work progressing well:
- HV chamber evaluation - plan to bake to evaporate lubricant & pump it off, install photocathode, and bake again.
- Gun rebuild schedule
- Minor SF6 leak in HV chamber identified; repair later...
- Mount bottle rack in Labyrinth; remove gas bottles to rack.
- Install target mechanism
- Build 80/20 support structure; Pb table components awaiting delivery.
- Unistrut mounting for cables - Neal will do when available
- Break vacuum in FC3 region
- Ready to install Al base plates for FC3 region rework as well as solenoid stand. FC3 plate awaiting machining.
- Add Mu metal over bellows on wastewater line.
- Switch Wastewater line Vacuum HV from local supplies to house power. Make UED updates as appropriate for vacuum system.
- Pull Heliax from Spectrum analyzer/Control room >> Buncher
- 4th terminal system in Control room under assembly/rebuild
- Items from To-do list...
Engineering Other business
Reports on Open Action Items:
- Formal run plan (McCaughan)