Difference between revisions of "2021-08-04"

From Ciswikidb
Jump to: navigation, search
(New items for discussion:)
(Agenda)
 
(31 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 12: Line 12:
 
== Agenda ==
 
== Agenda ==
 
==== <u>Schedule</u> ====
 
==== <u>Schedule</u> ====
Long Term Schedule: [[Media:WW-Install_6.22.21.pdf|Gantt]] ([[Media:WW-ToDo_6.22.21.pdf|Outstanding tasks]])
+
[[media:UITF-to-do-list8_4_21.docx| Comments from Matt]]
 +
 
 +
Long Term Schedule: [[media:WWinstall-8.4.21.pdf|Gantt]] ([[media:WWinstall-Todo_8.4.21.pdf|Outstanding tasks]])
 
# 8/9/21 Start Hot Check-out
 
# 8/9/21 Start Hot Check-out
 +
# 8/16/21 Start commissioning (2 weeks)
 +
# 8/30/21 Perform experiment (2 weeks)
 +
# Booster qualification following experiment until cryo trade to CMTF
  
 
==== <u>New items for discussion:</u> ====
 
==== <u>New items for discussion:</u> ====
<u>Short term schedule update:</u><br>
+
'''General:'''
<u>This week:</u>
+
* [[UITF_Operations| Updated Ops Page]]
 +
* [[media:WWcommissioning_2.xlsx| Commissioning plan (basic)]]
 +
* [[Wastewater_Experiment_Commissioning_Plan| Commissioning plan (detailed, to break into shift plans)]]
  
Reports by Group:
+
==== <u>'''Reports by Group:'''</u> ====
CIS/EGG:
+
 
* [https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3890263 Gun operating] at 180kV w/o Field Emission
+
'''[[E-beam_Irradiation_Experiment| Experiment]]:'''
 +
* Past Experiment (HDIce) off floor largely; dilution refrigerator / pump cart craned out & high bay control room reconfigured for High-B. (With many thanks to install group for roofing tile gyrations!)
 +
* Elevated beam line decommissioned upstream of M901 quad and terminated in roughing valve.
 +
* [[UE-21-001_Experimental_Binder_Documents| COO/ESAD/RSAD prepared]]; committee response in progress.
 +
* Control room reconfigured
 +
* Pull Heliax from Spectrum analyzer/Control room >> Buncher for beam study
 +
 
 +
'''CIS/EGG:'''
 +
* [https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3890263 Gun operating] at 180kV w/o Field Emission following rebuild, HV conditioning, and Kr processing (Many thanks to all involved!!)
 +
* Many improvements and modifications made to prep chamber. New pucks prepared as well.
 
* HV tests with a [https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3890265 GaAs puck (#8)] in the gun (8/3) [Carlos]
 
* HV tests with a [https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3890265 GaAs puck (#8)] in the gun (8/3) [Carlos]
 
* Gun HVPS [https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3890297 locked out] , reconnect gun valve, charge NF3, degas heater/puck, get UITF laser on (8/4)
 
* Gun HVPS [https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3890297 locked out] , reconnect gun valve, charge NF3, degas heater/puck, get UITF laser on (8/4)
Line 27: Line 43:
 
* Align laser to photocathode, using retro and QE (8/5) [Shukui]
 
* Align laser to photocathode, using retro and QE (8/5) [Shukui]
 
* [https://wiki.jlab.org/ciswiki/index.php/Spring_2021_-_Rebuilding_Photogun Gun rebuild wiki]
 
* [https://wiki.jlab.org/ciswiki/index.php/Spring_2021_-_Rebuilding_Photogun Gun rebuild wiki]
 +
* Racks and [https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3879710 Mott crate] staged for later experiments
 +
[https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3876613 Old insulator (punctured)] & [https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3876061 Old puck manipulator/schneedle] for reference; both replaced.
 +
[https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3882796 Very modest SF6 leak id-ed on top of HV tank]; will repair when practical.
  
DC Power:
 
# [https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3890236 Trim magnets] near gun re-cabled.
 
# [https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3889992 Wastewater beam line] trims cabled up.
 
# Trim magnets near FC#3 outstanding. 401H/V & 501H/V correctors + 501 quad
 
# [http://devweb.acc.jlab.org/CSUEApps/uitflist/task/1672 Solenoid PS] being installed. [https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3890134 Supply cabled and LCW hooked up].
 
# MHB magnet re-designation to MLH to avoid confusion: Chris Gould making nomenclature changes / Gary Croke & Michele Joyce making controls changes / Eric Forman to update Quick Reference Drawing / Shaun to take care of song sheets
 
# Changes made in UED workspace for names and field maps; ready to merge soon. (Thanks Gary/Michele!)
 
  
Instrumentation and Controls:
+
'''DC Power:'''
# BCM project software integration under way between Musson/Seaton and Sue Witherspoon
+
*Trims:
# Chris Norris to hook up viewers next week.
+
*# [https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3890236 Trim magnets] near gun re-cabled.
# Brian Freeman available for adViewer work for video camera for ITVM604A; some focusing still required.
+
*# [https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3889992 Wastewater beam line] trims cabled up.
 +
*# Trim magnets near FC#3: 401H/V (completed) & 501H/V correctors + 501 quad
 +
* Former PEPPo solenoid repaired, mapped, and installed.
 +
* [http://devweb.acc.jlab.org/CSUEApps/uitflist/task/1672 Solenoid PS] being installed. Supply [https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3887222 placed, cables pulled], [https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3890134 cabled, and LCW hooked up].
 +
* MHB magnet re-designation to MLH to avoid confusion: Chris Gould making nomenclature changes / Gary Croke & Michele Joyce making controls changes / Eric Forman to update Quick Reference Drawing / Shaun to take care of song sheets
 +
* Changes made in UED workspace for names and field maps; ready to merge soon. (Thanks Gary/Michele!)
 +
* Replacement of cards and utility chassis' acquired for CEBAF under way...
  
RF:
 
# [https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3885411 6GHz] > 1.5GHz Down-converter installed for bunch length system
 
  
Vacuum:
+
'''Instrumentation and Controls:'''
  
 +
''Viewer system status [IC; Norris/Vennekate/McCaughan]''
 +
* Recable 2 viewers in keV whose channels & hardware were appropriated for HDice (done)
 +
* Reconnect IYGM401 (formerly ITV, now YAG)
 +
* Drag cable and connect IYGM603 and IYGM603 (appropriated from HDice line, swapped ITV > YAG).
 +
* Brian Freeman available for adViewer work for video camera for ITVM604A? Dome focusing still required...
  
SSG:
 
# BLM locations being set 7/21 following this meeting
 
# FSD inputs for magnet and BCM being prepared
 
  
ME / Installation:
+
''Wire Scanners [Delacruz/Poelker]''
# Pb stacked; RCG required modification due to permanent shielding req delay.
+
* IHAM703 Status (Scanner swapped out)
# New designs for [[media:FC3-SHIELDING_20JUL21v1.pdf|FC3]] and [[media:FC4-SHIELDING_20JUL21v1.pdf|FC4]] with a great many thanks to Shaun for the design work and John/Xi for Pb arrangement and table construction!
+
# [[media:JL0029599-2000UITF_MeV_BEAMLINE07-JUN-21.pdf|Songsheet]] being updated by Shaun; be sure to let him know when changes are made!
+
# Status of permanent shielding purchase?
+
  
Experiment:
 
*COO/ESAD/RSAD prepared; committee response in progress.
 
  
Other:
+
''Chopper Controls (Windham/Lu)''
* EES work happening in earnest
+
* STAC5 Controls replacement (done)
* [[media:Engineering-support-jobs.docx| List of Engineering Jobs remaining]]
+
* Encoder mapping (divide steps /10 over last controller)
 +
* Controls transparent to user
  
<u>Still to do:</u>
 
* Add Mu metal over bellows on wastewater line.
 
  
 +
''Chopper Controls (Windham/Lu)''
 +
* Target Motion Control - [https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3884440 Carriage remotely operable], step count needs some fine tuning.
 +
* Control Screen complete?
  
<u>Next Week:</u>
 
* Mount bottle rack in Labyrinth (Staged); remove gas bottles to rack.
 
* Unistrut mounting for cables - Neal will do when available
 
* Engineering work on beam line starting
 
  
<u>2 weeks:</u>
+
''BPMs (Windham / Hesse / McCaughan)''
*Pull Heliax from Spectrum analyzer/Control room >> Buncher
+
* Install new BPMs on line (completed)
*4th terminal system in Control room under assembly/rebuild
+
* Map DR receivers to appropriate chassis ([https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3884311 completed])
*[https://wiki.jlab.org/ciswiki/index.php/To-do_list Items from To-do list...]
+
* Correct all naming and controls issues
 +
* Re-label locally.
  
<u>Engineering</u>
 
Other business
 
  
==== <u>Reports on Open Action Items:</u> ====
+
''Faraday Cups / Picoammeters (Francis)''
Action Items:
+
* FC cups 3 & 4 installed in new locations and under vacuum
*Formal run plan (McCaughan) [[media:WWcommissioning.xlsx| Strawman]]
+
* Cables / air lines /etc pulled to new locations and installed
 +
* Connections removed for shielding installation per RCG.
 +
* Picoammeters all good - some screen work required.
  
 +
 +
''Vacuum (Ketchum/Kortze)''
 +
* VBVM501 & VBVM602 slow valve connections. VBVM602 is new installation.
 +
* VFVM401 Fast Valve installation
 +
* VCGM604 Cathode Gauge installed
 +
* VGPM401, 603, 604, and 703 NEG pumps - installation completed, activated, status of remote powering?
 +
* Numerous VIPs installed, functional, on EPICS, and archived.
 +
* Thin Ti window installed by experiment, pumped down, leak checked , and signage / PPE posted.
 +
 +
 +
''BCM''
 +
* BCM project software integration under way between Musson/Seaton and Sue Witherspoon
 +
 +
 +
'''RF:'''
 +
* [https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3885411 6GHz] > 1.5GHz Down-converter installed for bunch length system
 +
* LLRF 2.0 FCC for reading signal
 +
* Laser RF HCO
 +
 +
 +
'''SSG:'''
 +
 +
''BLM installation underway:''
 +
* Replace those previously removed
 +
* Additions
 +
*# In crotch of MeV/Wastewater selecting dipole.
 +
*# Near 1st new diagnostic cross d.s. of solenoid
 +
*# Near 2nd new diagnostic cross by FC4
 +
*# D.S. of target after lead shielding
 +
''FSD inputs (original)''
 +
* Target motion (now software interlock)
 +
* Solenoid (Now engineered control)
 +
* BCM current clamp system
 +
* Update gold masking
 +
 +
'''ME / Installation:'''
 +
* Pb stacked; RCG required modification due to permanent shielding req delay.
 +
* New designs for [[media:FC3-SHIELDING_20JUL21v1.pdf|FC3]] and [[media:FC4-SHIELDING_20JUL21v1.pdf|FC4]] with a great many thanks to Shaun for the design work and John/Xi for Pb arrangement and table construction!
 +
* [[media:JL0029599-2000UITF_MeV_BEAMLINE07-JUN-21.pdf|Songsheet]] being updated by Shaun; be sure to let him know when changes are made!
 +
* Permanent shielding purchase in progress - FML (Russ) for most current details
 +
* Unistrut mounting for cables when available
 +
* Mount [https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3877442 gas bottle rack] in Labyrinth (Staged); remove gas bottles to rack.
 +
 +
'''Sys Admin:'''
 +
* 4th terminal system in Control room under assembled/rebuilt
 +
* Wall server configured
 +
* Need to configure wall monitors and install small networked printer.
 +
 +
 +
 +
* [[media:Engineering-support-jobs.docx| List of Engineering Jobs remaining]]
 
[[Meeting_minutes | Back to Main Meeting Minutes Page]]
 
[[Meeting_minutes | Back to Main Meeting Minutes Page]]

Latest revision as of 13:29, 4 August 2021

Meeting Information

Connecting

To connect to the meeting, please do the following: Time: Wednesday at 9:00 AM EST.

  1. To join via a Web Browser, go to the page [1] https://bluejeans.com/984025598.
  2. To join via Polycom room system go to the IP Address: 199.48.152.152 (bjn.vc) and enter the meeting ID: 984025598.
  3. To join via phone, use one of the following numbers and the Conference ID: 984025598.
    • Dial Either +1 408 740 7256 or +1 888 240 2560 for US or Canada

Agenda

Schedule

Comments from Matt

Long Term Schedule: Gantt (Outstanding tasks)

  1. 8/9/21 Start Hot Check-out
  2. 8/16/21 Start commissioning (2 weeks)
  3. 8/30/21 Perform experiment (2 weeks)
  4. Booster qualification following experiment until cryo trade to CMTF

New items for discussion:

General:

Reports by Group:

Experiment:

  • Past Experiment (HDIce) off floor largely; dilution refrigerator / pump cart craned out & high bay control room reconfigured for High-B. (With many thanks to install group for roofing tile gyrations!)
  • Elevated beam line decommissioned upstream of M901 quad and terminated in roughing valve.
  • COO/ESAD/RSAD prepared; committee response in progress.
  • Control room reconfigured
  • Pull Heliax from Spectrum analyzer/Control room >> Buncher for beam study

CIS/EGG:

  • Gun operating at 180kV w/o Field Emission following rebuild, HV conditioning, and Kr processing (Many thanks to all involved!!)
  • Many improvements and modifications made to prep chamber. New pucks prepared as well.
  • HV tests with a GaAs puck (#8) in the gun (8/3) [Carlos]
  • Gun HVPS locked out , reconnect gun valve, charge NF3, degas heater/puck, get UITF laser on (8/4)
  • Make photocathode (8/5) [Joe/Max]
  • Align laser to photocathode, using retro and QE (8/5) [Shukui]
  • Gun rebuild wiki
  • Racks and Mott crate staged for later experiments

Old insulator (punctured) & Old puck manipulator/schneedle for reference; both replaced. Very modest SF6 leak id-ed on top of HV tank; will repair when practical.


DC Power:

  • Trims:
    1. Trim magnets near gun re-cabled.
    2. Wastewater beam line trims cabled up.
    3. Trim magnets near FC#3: 401H/V (completed) & 501H/V correctors + 501 quad
  • Former PEPPo solenoid repaired, mapped, and installed.
  • Solenoid PS being installed. Supply placed, cables pulled, cabled, and LCW hooked up.
  • MHB magnet re-designation to MLH to avoid confusion: Chris Gould making nomenclature changes / Gary Croke & Michele Joyce making controls changes / Eric Forman to update Quick Reference Drawing / Shaun to take care of song sheets
  • Changes made in UED workspace for names and field maps; ready to merge soon. (Thanks Gary/Michele!)
  • Replacement of cards and utility chassis' acquired for CEBAF under way...


Instrumentation and Controls:

Viewer system status [IC; Norris/Vennekate/McCaughan]

  • Recable 2 viewers in keV whose channels & hardware were appropriated for HDice (done)
  • Reconnect IYGM401 (formerly ITV, now YAG)
  • Drag cable and connect IYGM603 and IYGM603 (appropriated from HDice line, swapped ITV > YAG).
  • Brian Freeman available for adViewer work for video camera for ITVM604A? Dome focusing still required...


Wire Scanners [Delacruz/Poelker]

  • IHAM703 Status (Scanner swapped out)


Chopper Controls (Windham/Lu)

  • STAC5 Controls replacement (done)
  • Encoder mapping (divide steps /10 over last controller)
  • Controls transparent to user


Chopper Controls (Windham/Lu)


BPMs (Windham / Hesse / McCaughan)

  • Install new BPMs on line (completed)
  • Map DR receivers to appropriate chassis (completed)
  • Correct all naming and controls issues
  • Re-label locally.


Faraday Cups / Picoammeters (Francis)

  • FC cups 3 & 4 installed in new locations and under vacuum
  • Cables / air lines /etc pulled to new locations and installed
  • Connections removed for shielding installation per RCG.
  • Picoammeters all good - some screen work required.


Vacuum (Ketchum/Kortze)

  • VBVM501 & VBVM602 slow valve connections. VBVM602 is new installation.
  • VFVM401 Fast Valve installation
  • VCGM604 Cathode Gauge installed
  • VGPM401, 603, 604, and 703 NEG pumps - installation completed, activated, status of remote powering?
  • Numerous VIPs installed, functional, on EPICS, and archived.
  • Thin Ti window installed by experiment, pumped down, leak checked , and signage / PPE posted.


BCM

  • BCM project software integration under way between Musson/Seaton and Sue Witherspoon


RF:

  • 6GHz > 1.5GHz Down-converter installed for bunch length system
  • LLRF 2.0 FCC for reading signal
  • Laser RF HCO


SSG:

BLM installation underway:

  • Replace those previously removed
  • Additions
    1. In crotch of MeV/Wastewater selecting dipole.
    2. Near 1st new diagnostic cross d.s. of solenoid
    3. Near 2nd new diagnostic cross by FC4
    4. D.S. of target after lead shielding

FSD inputs (original)

  • Target motion (now software interlock)
  • Solenoid (Now engineered control)
  • BCM current clamp system
  • Update gold masking

ME / Installation:

  • Pb stacked; RCG required modification due to permanent shielding req delay.
  • New designs for FC3 and FC4 with a great many thanks to Shaun for the design work and John/Xi for Pb arrangement and table construction!
  • Songsheet being updated by Shaun; be sure to let him know when changes are made!
  • Permanent shielding purchase in progress - FML (Russ) for most current details
  • Unistrut mounting for cables when available
  • Mount gas bottle rack in Labyrinth (Staged); remove gas bottles to rack.

Sys Admin:

  • 4th terminal system in Control room under assembled/rebuilt
  • Wall server configured
  • Need to configure wall monitors and install small networked printer.


Back to Main Meeting Minutes Page