Difference between revisions of "2021-08-04"

From Ciswikidb
Jump to: navigation, search
(New items for discussion:)
(New items for discussion:)
Line 22: Line 22:
 
Experiment:
 
Experiment:
 
* Past Experiment (HDIce) off floor largely; dilution refrigerator / pump cart craned out & high bay control room reconfigured for High-B.
 
* Past Experiment (HDIce) off floor largely; dilution refrigerator / pump cart craned out & high bay control room reconfigured for High-B.
 +
* Elevated beam line decommissioned upstream of M901 quad and terminated in roughing valve.
  
  
Line 33: Line 34:
 
* [https://wiki.jlab.org/ciswiki/index.php/Spring_2021_-_Rebuilding_Photogun Gun rebuild wiki]
 
* [https://wiki.jlab.org/ciswiki/index.php/Spring_2021_-_Rebuilding_Photogun Gun rebuild wiki]
 
* Racks and [https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3879710 Mott crate] staged for later experiments
 
* Racks and [https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3879710 Mott crate] staged for later experiments
 +
[https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3876613 Old insulator (punctured)] & [https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3876061 Old puck manipulator/schneedle] for reference; both replaced.
  
  
Line 43: Line 45:
 
* MHB magnet re-designation to MLH to avoid confusion: Chris Gould making nomenclature changes / Gary Croke & Michele Joyce making controls changes / Eric Forman to update Quick Reference Drawing / Shaun to take care of song sheets
 
* MHB magnet re-designation to MLH to avoid confusion: Chris Gould making nomenclature changes / Gary Croke & Michele Joyce making controls changes / Eric Forman to update Quick Reference Drawing / Shaun to take care of song sheets
 
* Changes made in UED workspace for names and field maps; ready to merge soon. (Thanks Gary/Michele!)
 
* Changes made in UED workspace for names and field maps; ready to merge soon. (Thanks Gary/Michele!)
 +
* Replacement of cards and utility chassis' acquired for CEBAF under way...
  
  

Revision as of 20:56, 3 August 2021

Meeting Information

Connecting

To connect to the meeting, please do the following: Time: Wednesday at 9:00 AM EST.

  1. To join via a Web Browser, go to the page [1] https://bluejeans.com/984025598.
  2. To join via Polycom room system go to the IP Address: 199.48.152.152 (bjn.vc) and enter the meeting ID: 984025598.
  3. To join via phone, use one of the following numbers and the Conference ID: 984025598.
    • Dial Either +1 408 740 7256 or +1 888 240 2560 for US or Canada

Agenda

Schedule

Long Term Schedule: Gantt (Outstanding tasks)

  1. 8/9/21 Start Hot Check-out

New items for discussion:

Short term schedule update:
This week:

Reports by Group: Experiment:

  • Past Experiment (HDIce) off floor largely; dilution refrigerator / pump cart craned out & high bay control room reconfigured for High-B.
  • Elevated beam line decommissioned upstream of M901 quad and terminated in roughing valve.


CIS/EGG:

  • Gun operating at 180kV w/o Field Emission following rebuild, HV conditioning, and Kr processing (Many thanks to all involved!!)
  • Many improvements and modifications made to prep chamber. New pucks prepared as well.
  • HV tests with a GaAs puck (#8) in the gun (8/3) [Carlos]
  • Gun HVPS locked out , reconnect gun valve, charge NF3, degas heater/puck, get UITF laser on (8/4)
  • Make photocathode (8/5) [Joe/Max]
  • Align laser to photocathode, using retro and QE (8/5) [Shukui]
  • Gun rebuild wiki
  • Racks and Mott crate staged for later experiments

Old insulator (punctured) & Old puck manipulator/schneedle for reference; both replaced.


DC Power:

  • Trims:
    1. Trim magnets near gun re-cabled.
    2. Wastewater beam line trims cabled up.
    3. Trim magnets near FC#3: 401H/V (completed) & 501H/V correctors + 501 quad
  • Solenoid PS being installed. Supply placed, cables pulled, cabled, and LCW hooked up.
  • MHB magnet re-designation to MLH to avoid confusion: Chris Gould making nomenclature changes / Gary Croke & Michele Joyce making controls changes / Eric Forman to update Quick Reference Drawing / Shaun to take care of song sheets
  • Changes made in UED workspace for names and field maps; ready to merge soon. (Thanks Gary/Michele!)
  • Replacement of cards and utility chassis' acquired for CEBAF under way...


Instrumentation and Controls:


Viewer system status [IC; Norris / McCaughan]

    1. Recable 2 viewers in keV whose channels & hardware were appropriated for HDice (done)
    2. Reconnect IYGM401 (formerly ITV, now YAG)
    3. Drag cable and connect IYGM603 and IYGM603 (appropriated from HDice line, swapped ITV > YAG).
    4. Brian Freeman available for adViewer work for video camera for ITVM604A? Dome focusing still required...


Wire Scanners [Delacruz / Poelker]

  • IHAM703 Status (Scanner swapped out)


Chopper Controls (Windham/Lu)

  • STAC5 Controls replacement (done)
  • Encoder mapping (/10)
  • Controls transparent to user


Chopper Controls (Windham/Lu)


BPMs (Windham / Hesse / McCaughan)

  • Install new BPMs on line (completed)
  • Map DR receivers to appropriate chassis (completed)
  • Correct all naming and controls issues
  • Re-label locally.


Faraday Cups / Picoammeters (Francis)

  • FC cups 3 & 4 installed in new locations and under vacuum
  • Cables / air lines /etc pulled to new locations and installed
  • Connections removed for shielding installation per RCG.
  • Picoammeters all good - some screen work required.


Vacuum

  • VBVM501 & VBVM602 slow valve connections. VBVM602 is new installation.
  • VFVM401 Fast Valve installation
  • VCGM604 Cathode Gauge installed
  • VGPM401, 603, 604, and 703 NEG pumps - installation completed, activated, status of remote powering?
  • Numerous VIPs installed, functional, on EPICS, and archived.
  • Thin Ti window installed by experiment, pumped down, leak checked , and signage / PPE posted.



BCM

  • BCM project software integration under way between Musson/Seaton and Sue Witherspoon



RF:

  1. 6GHz > 1.5GHz Down-converter installed for bunch length system

Vacuum:


SSG:

  1. BLM locations being set 7/21 following this meeting
  2. FSD inputs for magnet and BCM being prepared

ME / Installation:

  1. Pb stacked; RCG required modification due to permanent shielding req delay.
  2. New designs for FC3 and FC4 with a great many thanks to Shaun for the design work and John/Xi for Pb arrangement and table construction!
  3. Songsheet being updated by Shaun; be sure to let him know when changes are made!
  4. Status of permanent shielding purchase?

Experiment:

  • COO/ESAD/RSAD prepared; committee response in progress.

Other:

Still to do:

  • Add Mu metal over bellows on wastewater line.


Next Week:

  • Mount bottle rack in Labyrinth (Staged); remove gas bottles to rack.
  • Unistrut mounting for cables - Neal will do when available
  • Engineering work on beam line starting

2 weeks:

  • Pull Heliax from Spectrum analyzer/Control room >> Buncher
  • 4th terminal system in Control room under assembly/rebuild
  • Items from To-do list...

Engineering Other business

Reports on Open Action Items:

Action Items:

Back to Main Meeting Minutes Page