Difference between revisions of "2021-08-18"

From Ciswikidb
Jump to: navigation, search
(Reports by Group:)
Line 30: Line 30:
  
 
'''[[E-beam_Irradiation_Experiment| Experiment]]:'''
 
'''[[E-beam_Irradiation_Experiment| Experiment]]:'''
* [[UE-21-001_Experimental_Binder_Documents| COO/ESAD/RSAD prepared]]; committee response [[media:UE-21-001_ERR_response.docx| delivered]]. ERR walk-through yesterday.
+
* [[UE-21-001_Experimental_Binder_Documents| COO/ESAD/RSAD prepared]]; committee response [[media:UE-21-001_ERR_response.docx| delivered]].  
 +
* ERR walk-through good.
 +
* Shift staffing schedule circulated
 +
 
 +
'''Software'''
 +
* Changes made in UED workspace for names and field maps; ready to merge soon. (Thanks Gary/Michele!)
 +
* [[https://accweb.acc.jlab.org/hco/reports/overall-status?destinationId=50&destinationId=54&destinationId=55&categoryId=&systemId=&regionId=&groupId=&qualified= HCO underway]
  
 
'''CIS/EGG:'''
 
'''CIS/EGG:'''
* [https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3890263 Gun operating] at 180kV w/o Field Emission following rebuild, HV conditioning, and Kr processing (Many thanks to all involved!!)
+
* Make photocathode (8/5) [Joe/Max]
* [https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3890419 Y-dipole] interlock unbypassed in Glassman HVPS. [https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3890468 Resistor tank] removed; gun cabled directly to HVPS.
+
* Gun HVPS [https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3890297 locked out] , reconnect gun valve, charge NF3, degas heater/puck, get UITF laser on (8/4)
+
 
+
* [https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3890466 Puck 8] moved to prep, [https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3890808 heated], and de-gased. Some [https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3890654 inhomogeneities] observed. [https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3891654 Puck heated and activated] with [https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3891783 low QE]; laser alignment today.
+
* [https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3890867 Puck 18] to chamber for [https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3890924 rough drive laser alignment].
+
 
+
Gun bake [https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3890506 pump hi-potted].
+
 
+
*Make photocathode (8/5) [Joe/Max]
+
 
* Align laser to photocathode, using retro and QE (8/5) [Shukui]
 
* Align laser to photocathode, using retro and QE (8/5) [Shukui]
 
* [https://wiki.jlab.org/ciswiki/index.php/Spring_2021_-_Rebuilding_Photogun Gun rebuild wiki]
 
* [https://wiki.jlab.org/ciswiki/index.php/Spring_2021_-_Rebuilding_Photogun Gun rebuild wiki]
[https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3876613 Old insulator (punctured)] & [https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3876061 Old puck manipulator/schneedle] for reference; both replaced.
 
[https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3882796 Very modest SF6 leak id-ed on top of HV tank]; will repair when practical.
 
 
  
 
'''DC Power:'''
 
'''DC Power:'''
*Trims:  
+
* Trims: Complete - final tests awaiting UED merge
*# [https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3890236 Trim magnets] near gun re-cabled.
+
* Solenoid [http://devweb.acc.jlab.org/CSUEApps/uitflist/task/1672 UITFList Task]: Interlock checks completed. Diagnostics on box supply reading incorrectly, measured input voltage at supply to be 470VAC. Diagnostic repair and powering load to be completed at first opportunity.  
*# [https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3889992 Wastewater beam line] trims cabled up.
+
*# Trim magnets near FC#3: 401H/V (completed) & [https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3890985 501H/V correctors] + 501 quad. Many [https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3891455 polarity checks] completed. 501 correctors [https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3891699 re-designated]
+
* Former PEPPo solenoid repaired, mapped, and installed.
+
* [http://devweb.acc.jlab.org/CSUEApps/uitflist/task/1672 Solenoid PS] being installed. Supply [https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3887222 placed, cables pulled], [https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3890134 cabled, and LCW hooked up].
+
* MHB magnet re-designation to MLH to avoid confusion: Chris Gould making nomenclature changes / Gary Croke & Michele Joyce making controls changes / Eric Forman to update Quick Reference Drawing / Shaun to take care of song sheets
+
* Changes made in UED workspace for names and field maps; ready to merge soon. (Thanks Gary/Michele!)
+
 
* Replacement of cards and utility chassis' acquired for CEBAF under way...
 
* Replacement of cards and utility chassis' acquired for CEBAF under way...
 
  
 
'''Instrumentation and Controls:'''
 
'''Instrumentation and Controls:'''
 
''Viewer system status [IC; Norris/Vennekate/McCaughan]''
 
* Recable 2 viewers in keV whose channels & hardware were appropriated for HDice (done)
 
* Reconnect IYGM401 [https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3891702 insertion depth adjusted]
 
* ITVM703 limit switch requires attachment; 800-line viewers [https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3891709 non-communicating].
 
* Brian Freeman available for adViewer work for video camera for ITVM604A? Dome focusing still required...
 
 
 
''Wire Scanners [Delacruz/Poelker]''
 
* Harps all pass signal injection and stroke.
 
 
 
''Chopper Controls (Windham/Lu)''
 
''Chopper Controls (Windham/Lu)''
 
* Target Motion Control - [https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3884440 Carriage remotely operable], step count needs some fine tuning.
 
* Target Motion Control - [https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3884440 Carriage remotely operable], step count needs some fine tuning.
 
* Control Screen complete?
 
* Control Screen complete?
 
 
''BPMs (Windham / Hesse / McCaughan)''
 
* Re-label IOCs/BPMs locally.
 
 
 
''Faraday Cups / Picoammeters (Francis)''
 
* FC2 unlocked for HCO
 
* Connections removed for shielding installation per RCG.
 
* Picoammeters all good - some screen work required.
 
 
  
 
''Vacuum (Ketchum/Kortze)''
 
''Vacuum (Ketchum/Kortze)''
* VBVM501 & VBVM602 slow valve connections. VBVM602 is new installation.
 
 
* VFVM401 Fast Valve [https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3890917 limit switches adjusted]; Kortze working firmware
 
* VFVM401 Fast Valve [https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3890917 limit switches adjusted]; Kortze working firmware
 
* VCGM604 Cathode Gauge cabled
 
* VCGM604 Cathode Gauge cabled
* NEG on MeV spectrometer line [https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3891467 reactivated].
 
* [https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3891718 VIPM301A/B hi-potted].
 
 
  
 
''BCM''
 
''BCM''
 
* BCM project software integration under way between Musson/Seaton and Sue Witherspoon
 
* BCM project software integration under way between Musson/Seaton and Sue Witherspoon
 
 
'''RF/Cryo:'''
 
* [https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3891503 Booster at 2K] and full
 
* Laser RF HCO
 
 
  
 
'''SSG:'''
 
'''SSG:'''
Line 115: Line 70:
 
*# D.S. of target after lead shielding
 
*# D.S. of target after lead shielding
 
''FSD inputs (original)''
 
''FSD inputs (original)''
* Target motion (now software interlock)
 
* Solenoid (Now engineered control)
 
 
* BCM current clamp system
 
* BCM current clamp system
 
* Update gold masking
 
* Update gold masking
  
 
'''ME / Installation:'''
 
'''ME / Installation:'''
* Pb stacked; RCG required modification due to permanent shielding req delay.
+
* Shielding package verified by RCG; RCG checklist Friday.
* New designs for [[media:FC3-SHIELDING_20JUL21v1.pdf|FC3]] and [[media:FC4-SHIELDING_20JUL21v1.pdf|FC4]] with a great many thanks to Shaun for the design work and John/Xi for Pb arrangement and table construction!
+
 
* [[media:JL0029599-2000UITF_MeV_BEAMLINE07-JUN-21.pdf|Songsheet]] being updated by Shaun; be sure to let him know when changes are made!
 
* [[media:JL0029599-2000UITF_MeV_BEAMLINE07-JUN-21.pdf|Songsheet]] being updated by Shaun; be sure to let him know when changes are made!
* Permanent shielding purchase in progress - FML (Russ) for most current details
 
* Unistrut mounting for cables when available
 
 
* Mount [https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3877442 gas bottle rack] in Labyrinth (Staged); remove gas bottles to rack.
 
* Mount [https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3877442 gas bottle rack] in Labyrinth (Staged); remove gas bottles to rack.
 +
* Eric Forman to update Quick Reference Drawing
 +
 +
 +
  
 
'''Sys Admin:'''
 
'''Sys Admin:'''
* 4th terminal system in Control room under assembled/rebuilt
 
* Wall server configured
 
 
* Need to configure wall monitors and install small networked printer.
 
* Need to configure wall monitors and install small networked printer.
  

Revision as of 22:56, 17 August 2021

Meeting Information

Connecting

To connect to the meeting, please do the following: Time: Wednesday at 9:00 AM EST.

  1. To join via a Web Browser, go to the page [1] https://bluejeans.com/984025598.
  2. To join via Polycom room system go to the IP Address: 199.48.152.152 (bjn.vc) and enter the meeting ID: 984025598.
  3. To join via phone, use one of the following numbers and the Conference ID: 984025598.
    • Dial Either +1 408 740 7256 or +1 888 240 2560 for US or Canada

Agenda

Schedule

Long Term Schedule: Gantt (Outstanding tasks)

  1. 8/9/21 Start Hot Check-out
  2. 8/23/21 Start commissioning (2 weeks)
  3. 8/23 BNNT cooldown in CMTF
  4. 9/7/21 Perform experiment (3 weeks)
  5. 10/18 C50R in CMTF
  6. Booster qualification following experiment until cryo trade to CMTF

New items for discussion:

General:

Reports by Group:

Experiment:

Software

  • Changes made in UED workspace for names and field maps; ready to merge soon. (Thanks Gary/Michele!)
  • [HCO underway

CIS/EGG:

  • Make photocathode (8/5) [Joe/Max]
  • Align laser to photocathode, using retro and QE (8/5) [Shukui]
  • Gun rebuild wiki

DC Power:

  • Trims: Complete - final tests awaiting UED merge
  • Solenoid UITFList Task: Interlock checks completed. Diagnostics on box supply reading incorrectly, measured input voltage at supply to be 470VAC. Diagnostic repair and powering load to be completed at first opportunity.
  • Replacement of cards and utility chassis' acquired for CEBAF under way...

Instrumentation and Controls: Chopper Controls (Windham/Lu)

Vacuum (Ketchum/Kortze)

BCM

  • BCM project software integration under way between Musson/Seaton and Sue Witherspoon

SSG:

BLM installation underway:

  • Replace those previously removed
  • Additions
    1. In crotch of MeV/Wastewater selecting dipole.
    2. Near 1st new diagnostic cross d.s. of solenoid
    3. Near 2nd new diagnostic cross by FC4
    4. D.S. of target after lead shielding

FSD inputs (original)

  • BCM current clamp system
  • Update gold masking

ME / Installation:

  • Shielding package verified by RCG; RCG checklist Friday.
  • Songsheet being updated by Shaun; be sure to let him know when changes are made!
  • Mount gas bottle rack in Labyrinth (Staged); remove gas bottles to rack.
  • Eric Forman to update Quick Reference Drawing



Sys Admin:

  • Need to configure wall monitors and install small networked printer.


Back to Main Meeting Minutes Page