Apr 3, 2020 Meeting Minutes
Revision as of 13:05, 7 April 2020 by Yoskowij
Emails/attachments sent during the previous week
- Josh presented GPT simulations showing 2 "DC" pulses ionizing H2 gas and showed results & analysis techniques (histograms, distributions of electrons/ions hitting beam pipe, etc.)
- Josh will...
- Compare beam potential vs. theory to benchmark SC routine
- Reduce bunch charge & pulse length to match Joe's simulation parameters (from ppt presentation)
- Try importing line charge to simulate beam potential
- Check random number generator in GPT - histograms of electron/ion energies aren't as expected.
- Add endcaps to Rmax routine
- Cristhian showed a graph of beam size (x/y RMS vs. z) for different (first) solenoid B-field scale factors. Also showed a plot of the longitudinal E-Field vs z (from just the e-beam) both with and without the solenoid on. Might not need to worry about ions after z=0.76m.
- Solenoid settings during LifeSize runs are on the LifeSize spreadsheet under "Signal_Stats"