April 10, 2013
Revision as of 14:50, 10 April 2013 by Grames
We will meet in ARC 428 on Wednesday April 10 at 3pm EST.
For those calling in we'll use the ReadyTalk audio conference system.
1. Dial Toll-Free Number: 866-740-1260 (U.S. & Canada) 2. Enter 7-digit access code 3441852, followed by “#”
Removing Mott scattering chamber
Time of flight results
Valeri Tioukine's Mott analysis
* Beam time for each target using S0 (assume no dependence of Sherman function on target thickness) and no limit on DAQ rate. Gold (Au, Z=79), Silver (Ag, Z=47), Copper (Cu, Z=29). Note that: Figure of Merit (fom) ~ sigma * S^2 ~ Z^4. Beam Time ~ 1/fom = 1/Z^4
* Beam Time for Gold with target thickness correction and DAQ rate < 5000 Hz.
* Beam Time for Silver with target thickness correction using Gold extrapolation and DAQ rate < 5000 Hz.
* Beam Time for Copper with target thickness correction using Gold extrapolation and DAQ rate < 5000 Hz.
* Note: Target thickness extrapolation used above:
- Alpha as a function of Kinetic Energy: alpha = 0.0066 + 0.052 * kine
- Effective Sherman Function: eff_sf = S0 /(1.0 + alpha * d)