April 9, 2020 - ME/INJ/CIS/CASA
Jump to navigation Jump to search
We will meet Thursday @ 10am EDT via BlueJeans Meeting URL (for video and/or audio call in): https://bluejeans.com/909497334 Phone number (for audio call in): 1-888-240-2560 Meeting ID: 909497334#
This week's list
- Accountability drill at 11am
- Review the ME layout, it's coming together!
* Apr 07, 2020 media:beamlinelayoutapril7.pdf puzzling A1/A2 layout, moving FX 2" upstream
- Existing April 2020 injector quick reference
Thanks, Daniel => media:12GeV_injector_quick_reference_rev16.pdf
- Asking Christian Whalen S&R if we can ship small parts to home:
This was proposed at the beginning of this crisis and the answer was no. We currently are coming in to the lab to do processing of Received item on Fridays from 8am to 5pm and pass them out to folks that come to S&R. We’ve worked out a way to sanitize the packages and keep the social distancing rules to keep everyone safe.
- Lakshmi model of longer rectangular PSS kicker magnet on spool
My recent calculation shows a significant benefit ( reduction in the resistive load with less turn counts) by increasing the overall length of the rectangular coil for example from 50 mm ( as per the input of the kick off meeting) to 70 mm and a modification of coil cross-section. Let me refine the rectangular coil geometry and get back you with better results. This calculation will take next two days to complete. I am hoping that I will be able to give further update on our Thursday meeting.
I will send the analysis report after this round of iteration.
Hi Danny, I will send the updated model after the refinement.
- Status on parts deliveries
:MDC BPMs/Spools arriving 4/13-4/16, contact Whalen to put stuff in 1137 :Solenoid fixtures (deliveries & distributions on Friday's)
- Technicoil Wien coils status
- Alicia is using Jay's Wien field maps here:
/a/opsuser/benesch/magnets/inj_maps README_wien Wien_B_90G.txt Wien_E_13333V_cm.txt
- Carlos is looking at original CEBAF Dunham electrode shape media:Electrode profile ARC18130.pdf
- Gary knocking out fixture drawings:
Section 1 :Section 1 solenoid assembly https://misportal.jlab.org/jlabDocs/document.seam?id=124779&cid=6640 :Solenoid fxiture itself https://misportal.jlab.org/jlabDocs/document.seam?id=124780&cid=6649 :Solenoid fixture spacer https://misportal.jlab.org/jlabDocs/document.seam?id=124781&cid=6654 Section 2 :MFX solenoid fixture assembly https://misportal.jlab.org/jlabDocs/docDownload/125005 :Y-Laser chamber girder holes https://misportal.jlab.org/jlabDocs/docDownload/100043 Section 3 General :Ion Pump support bracket https://misportal.jlab.org/jlabDocs/docDownload/125003 :Ion pump vee block https://misportal.jlab.org/jlabDocs/docDownload/125006 :Vee block angle 5" https://misportal.jlab.org/jlabDocs/docDownload/125004 :Vee block angle 2" https://misportal.jlab.org/jlabDocs/docDownload/125000
Last Week's List
- ME providing CAD models to look at and compare w/ 2D dimensioned layout media:beamlinelayoutmarch26.pdf
- Now on Link to AIPINJ OneDrive folder, then they're in the "20.03.26 Beamline Screen Shots".
- MFX before A1 moves further upstream on spool
- A2 is now a cube, instead of a cross
- harp before A2 is rotated 45 deg CW looking downstream, there is a viewer on it too
- Danny working w/ MDC so their BPM shop drawings match his submitted drawing
- the BPM cans from MDC are due to ship april 13th.
- Joe finding status of BPM feed through delivery
- Requested date is 4/25
- the BPM antennae are due to ship: a quantity of 7 in three weeks, the balance on may 7th.
- ME working on finishing solenoid fixture designs
- Marcy checking on top hat configuration for Y-chamber media:200326_viewer shield.pdf
- ME can go ahead order spools for Sections 2 & 3
- Shaun add "stay clear" zone of camera to model
- Joe measured 4" dia x 6" length tube
- Danny check with Milhous & Jlab people for dipole design
- Yes, nice examples. Jay OK. Joe OK. Req submitted & signed
- Reza talk out with Curt or Rick about power needed and controls desired
- DP can, will new $$$ NEG's fit or not
- Marcy get quotes on A1/A2 cubes and 6-way cross w/ R-R
- Decide on A1 media:200326_aperture 1.pdf insert depths
- Finalize A2 media:200326_aperture 2.pdf in layout, need to wind coils now too
- Scott figure out how to control , set limits, positions, use encoder w/ stac5
- ordered a stac5
- Let Joe Meyers know what color to paint solenoids
- Riad - will magnetic field of first coil reach photocathode? will it affect solenoids?
- Field map: media:BH_Haimson_Coils.xlsx => Field extends to 8 cm from center of magnet.
- Carlos/Gabriel evaluate model for smaller gap Wien filter
- Lakshmi status of PSS coil models
- Dennis turn elegant model values into expected magnet currents.
- Using the 2020-03-26 layout: Media:magnet_currents.ods
- Alicia show simulations of beams, evaluate layout for transmission and settings needed
- Joe - is the distance from MFG-A to upstream steering coil sufficient?
- Previous to-do list...https://wiki.jlab.org/ciswiki/index.php/March_20,_2020_-_ME/INJ/CIS
Follow-up meeting - CEBAF vacuum modeling
- Vacuum simulations media:vacuum_Simulations_7April2020.pptx