Dec 20, 2019 Meeting Minutes
Emails/attachments sent during the previous week
- Email chain subject name: Emittance Growth through Anode Aperture - Why there is a bump in the plot of RMS Emittance vs z
- Date: Dec 16, 2019
- Description: Explanation of bump in RMS emittance vz Z plot for beam through anode aperture - reason is anode is acting like an einzel lens (radial E-field)
- Next meeting is Jan 10, 2020
- Compared electron beam simulation results through 1.5m
- Ask bas about space charge routine to simulate ions within beam potential
- Look at GPT time-based field maps for beam potential (i.e. to simulate time-dependent beam potential)
- Check beam parameters: for a 1mA, 500MHz beam, the bunch charge should be 2pC. Bunch length should be 50ps (RMS). Beam size (laser spot) at PC should be 1mm RMS.
- Try GPT simulations with and without space charge.
- Put stdx and stdy vs Z on side view simulations.
- Produce initial particle distribution that starts at 135mm using a Gaussian distribution
- Put Alex Chao paper with calculations on wiki (This paper is for Fast Ion Instability -- a potential method to determine the identities of ions within an electron beam with very long bunches)