Feb 21, 2020 Meeting Minutes
Revision as of 14:12, 24 March 2020 by Yoskowij (Created page with "==Emails/attachments sent during the previous week== *Email chain subject name: comparison of input values, GPT/IBSimu Comparison Tests: Mean free path for 100 ions **Date: Fe...")
Emails/attachments sent during the previous week
- Email chain subject name: comparison of input values, GPT/IBSimu Comparison Tests: Mean free path for 100 ions
- Date: Feb 7, 2020
- Description: Josh, Cristhian, and Ricardo Skyped to discuss test case to compare ionization routines - create electron simulation and adjust mean free path until 100 ions are produced within 1m.
- Marcy presented vacuum simulations of the CEBAF photogun and beamline. These simulations and vacuum conditions are for May 21, 2018.
- An excel spreadsheet of the vacuum data was been uploaded to the meeting page on Feb 21st
- Results of the ionization routine benchmarking test (see email subject above) was presented.
- Need to read article on ion velocity distribution and adjust simulations accordingly. Currently the GPT uses a random velocity distribution...maybe there is a better way to do it?