Difference between revisions of "February 3, 2021 - Weekly ME meeting"

From Ciswikidb
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 2: Line 2:
  
 
== Meeting Feb 3, 2021 ==
 
== Meeting Feb 3, 2021 ==
* Air cylinder / viewer parts status
+
* Air cylinder mods => done, happy?  update dwgs?
* H-Wien status
+
* H-Wien => done, happly?  S&A Fri/Mon.
* QW status
+
* QW => done, happy! Assemblies going to welder, final coils from Mike due Fri
* PSS kicker status
+
* PSS kicker => very happy!  coils due next week, order 2-part design, 4-part ready to go if needed
 +
* Laser box => Status...?
 +
* Prebuncher cavity => Mark's water jacket
 +
* What else?  I think we're done...
  
 
== Meeting January 28, 2021 ==
 
== Meeting January 28, 2021 ==

Revision as of 10:42, 4 February 2021

Meeting Info =

Meeting Feb 3, 2021

  • Air cylinder mods => done, happy? update dwgs?
  • H-Wien => done, happly? S&A Fri/Mon.
  • QW => done, happy! Assemblies going to welder, final coils from Mike due Fri
  • PSS kicker => very happy! coils due next week, order 2-part design, 4-part ready to go if needed
  • Laser box => Status...?
  • Prebuncher cavity => Mark's water jacket
  • What else? I think we're done...

Meeting January 28, 2021

Here's my Phase 1 punch list, I think we have plans for most/all, anything to add or update...

  • Viewer/cylinder mods design completed, submitted to shop, Phil will see Vince today, what else?
-SUPPORT RODS, SPRING GUIDES, PISTON STOPS WILL BE FINISHED TODAY.
-TURNBUCKLES – were sent out. Should be completed by next Thursday/Friday. Bob is going to call to see if any chance of getting the date moved up.
  • PSS kicker fixture for 2- and 4- part, terminals for Jerry; will parts be here by mid-Feb when coils arrive?
-Coils are ordered, due mid-February
-GH will complete a 4-part and 2-part fixture using SS 304 w/ tapped holes as requested
-JK will work with Gary to lay out a concept for PSS electrical connections to kicker
-DM says priority should be finish model support, then electrical connections but happens soon
-LL requested details about diode response time/location, will use when it's available/decided
-When Gary is ready to discuss updated model, I'll call another brief meeting.
  • QW shim pieces Lakshmi requested, need late-Feb.
-DM submitted shop drawing today, JG signe
  • QW Assembly plan worked out
-media:210126_QW_workplan.docx
  • Helping Carlos resolve large H-Wien electrode gap, probably not a big prob, agree path forward
  • Installation info S&A will need to align girders, do they have this?
  • Injector firepipe install wrapped up, I will schedule a time next week to meet w/ Shukui about new laser box, need in ~month
  • What are remaining drawings to update?
  • What else?

Meeting January 21, 2021

Air cylinder plan
Danny - items to check on
bellows length, confer w/ SG => need 1.5" travel, has 1.7" stroke, seems okay
air cylinder exhaust adjustment/tool => hex key to adjust
Shaun - items to design/fab
Longer rods (i.e. we will not modify hex shaft length) => Shaun completed layout, Danny will verify dwg, submit shop (10)
7/16 to 3/8 turnbuckle (i.e. we will not modify hex threads), we prefer/want split but can start/try unsplit+lock nut => have (3) 7/16 to 3/8 split, need (7)...Danny/Phil will look over print, fabricate (>7-10)
Piston stops => probably have enough, Shaun will order 10
Spring centering cylinder => submit order to shop for 10
Update drawings => add to list of dwgs to update for documentation
Phil - prep work
Test mock-up, be satisfied plan is sound => satisfied
Prepare for modifying cylinders when new parts are ready => YES!!!!
PSS kicker plan
Coils are ordered, due mid-February
GH will complete a 4-part and 2-part fixture using SS 304 w/ tapped holes as requested
JK will work with Gary to lay out a concept for PSS electrical connections to kicker
DM says priority should be finish model support, then electrical connections but happens soon
LL requested details about diode response time/location, will use when it's available/decided
When Gary is ready to discuss updated model, I'll call another brief meeting.
Lakshmi's update
media:210121_LakshmiUpdate.jpeg