February 3, 2021 - Weekly ME meeting
Revision as of 18:36, 3 February 2021 by Grames
Meeting Info =
Meeting Feb 3, 2021
- Air cylinder / viewer parts status
- H-Wien status
- QW status
- PSS kicker status
Meeting January 28, 2021
Here's my Phase 1 punch list, I think we have plans for most/all, anything to add or update...
- Viewer/cylinder mods design completed, submitted to shop, Phil will see Vince today, what else?
- -SUPPORT RODS, SPRING GUIDES, PISTON STOPS WILL BE FINISHED TODAY.
- -TURNBUCKLES – were sent out. Should be completed by next Thursday/Friday. Bob is going to call to see if any chance of getting the date moved up.
- PSS kicker fixture for 2- and 4- part, terminals for Jerry; will parts be here by mid-Feb when coils arrive?
- -Coils are ordered, due mid-February
- -GH will complete a 4-part and 2-part fixture using SS 304 w/ tapped holes as requested
- -JK will work with Gary to lay out a concept for PSS electrical connections to kicker
- -DM says priority should be finish model support, then electrical connections but happens soon
- -LL requested details about diode response time/location, will use when it's available/decided
- -When Gary is ready to discuss updated model, I'll call another brief meeting.
- QW shim pieces Lakshmi requested, need late-Feb.
- -DM submitted shop drawing today, JG signe
- QW Assembly plan worked out
- Helping Carlos resolve large H-Wien electrode gap, probably not a big prob, agree path forward
- Installation info S&A will need to align girders, do they have this?
- Injector firepipe install wrapped up, I will schedule a time next week to meet w/ Shukui about new laser box, need in ~month
- What are remaining drawings to update?
- What else?
Meeting January 21, 2021
- Air cylinder plan
- Danny - items to check on
- bellows length, confer w/ SG => need 1.5" travel, has 1.7" stroke, seems okay
- air cylinder exhaust adjustment/tool => hex key to adjust
- Shaun - items to design/fab
- Longer rods (i.e. we will not modify hex shaft length) => Shaun completed layout, Danny will verify dwg, submit shop (10)
- 7/16 to 3/8 turnbuckle (i.e. we will not modify hex threads), we prefer/want split but can start/try unsplit+lock nut => have (3) 7/16 to 3/8 split, need (7)...Danny/Phil will look over print, fabricate (>7-10)
- Piston stops => probably have enough, Shaun will order 10
- Spring centering cylinder => submit order to shop for 10
- Update drawings => add to list of dwgs to update for documentation
- Phil - prep work
- Test mock-up, be satisfied plan is sound => satisfied
- Prepare for modifying cylinders when new parts are ready => YES!!!!
- PSS kicker plan
- Coils are ordered, due mid-February
- GH will complete a 4-part and 2-part fixture using SS 304 w/ tapped holes as requested
- JK will work with Gary to lay out a concept for PSS electrical connections to kicker
- DM says priority should be finish model support, then electrical connections but happens soon
- LL requested details about diode response time/location, will use when it's available/decided
- When Gary is ready to discuss updated model, I'll call another brief meeting.
- Lakshmi's update