GBS - March 8, 2019
Revision as of 09:39, 8 March 2019 by Grames
Questions to Answer and Plots to Make
- Ion/Secondary Production
- Is production rate proportional to (current, pressure)? does it scale with ionization cross-section beam energy?
- Is trap density proportional to production rate, i.e. scale w/ (current, pressure, time)? similarly, for beam energy?
- Magnetic Trap Threshold
- Does trap density depend upon the magnetized solenoid current? if yes, what is the dependence on current?
- Does the min magnetizing current to sustain a trap, depend on the max magnetizing current? or is it a fixed threshold, independent of beam energy, current, pressure, time, etc?
- Role of Anode Bias
- Is the anode bias essential for magnetic trapping of ions?
- ... or rather, what impact does the anode bias have on the trap efficiency or trap density?
- Role of the Electron Beam
- Must the primary electron beam be run? if FE is present, is this sufficient? in lack of photo- or FE- beam, is there any notable ion production?
- Can trap density co-exist w/ electron beam? is there a beam clearing effect, i.e. can trap density remain only when beam is "OFF"
- ...if yes, then what is this limit, pA, nA, is FE enough, or if NO is there a dependence on beam current?
- Diagnostics and Measurements at GTS media:190308_GTS_Plan.pdf