GTS meeting 3 15 16
Revision as of 13:34, 15 March 2016 by Chgarcia (Created page with "* The beamline bake is complete. ** The ion pumps read about 0.6 nano-Amps as reported by Gamma controllers. ** Some 'bakeable" SHV cables were damaged but have been replace...")
- The beamline bake is complete.
- The ion pumps read about 0.6 nano-Amps as reported by Gamma controllers.
- Some 'bakeable" SHV cables were damaged but have been replaced.
- The NEGs in the DP can could not be fully activated, they shorted out.
- The ion pump in the DP can reads about 6 nano-Amps, while the ion pump n the viewer just upstream of the dump reads about 20 nano-Amps.
- The cathode prep chamber along with the gun chamber have also being baked at 200 C for about 4 days.
- Since the gate valve between the chambers leaks through, we decided to bake with the valve closed, pumping the gun with the bake I/P under the table.
- After activating the NEGs int he prep chamber, we are cooling down in preparation to remove the oven Wednesday morning.
- Short terms action items:
- We want to apply HV and evaluate performance after the bake.
- Once we recover 325kV performance, we can start populating the 1/2 rack with the equipment needed for the cathode prep chamber.