GTS meeting 3 22 16
- I&C is pulling cables for viewers.
- A nomenclature scheme has been developed by Chase Dubbe. Joe Grames pointed out to be consistent with CEBAF magnet nomenclature,
therefore Chase and Joe Meyers are looking into this for assigning proper nomenclature to the solenoid and the new type (RadiaBeam) of steering magnets.
- G. Greenfield is taking care of cables for IPs.
- We have now 4/6 John's UHV IP controllers, one is working with EPICS
- Phil installed shelves for the laser optics. Shukui is working on alignment to mark positions on the ceiling for mirrors.
- The gun IP has a whisker, it has been Hi-Potted with the gamma controller, but needs more.
- We ran voltage up to 285kV, but the IP whisker made it difficult to teel if there is field emission or voltage induced gas
desorption. We are planning on locking up Friday to continue with HV under vacuum conditions.
- The turbo pump cart has been re-piped with a "T" so it can pump on the gun and/or on the cathode prep chamber. The turbo pump
hoses were baked to 150C for ~ one day, it seems we reached the limit of the turbo pump gauge, 1E-8 Torr.