Difference between revisions of "Ghost Beam Studies"
|Line 19:||Line 19:|
Revision as of 10:58, 6 March 2019
Text Color Tests
- Orange (yellow)
The following is the currently accepted theory on the formation of the observed "Ghost Beam". To organize the explanation by what has been proven/shown to be true, the explanation text is color coded based on theoretical predictions, simulations, and experimental data/observations:
- Theoretically predicted, but not yet shown in simulations or in experiment
- Observed in simulation, but not yet explained in theory or shown in experiment
- Observed in experiments, but not yet explained in theory or in simulation
- Theoretically predicted and shown in simulations, but has not yet been tested experimentally
- Observed in simulation and experiment, but has not yet been explained theoretically
- Theoretically predicted and shown in experiment, but has not yet been shown in simulations
- Theoretically predicted, shown in simulations, and observed in experiment
Ionization of Residual Gas
Electrons in the electron beam can ionize residual gas, resulting in ions and secondary electrons .