Revision as of 12:22, 18 June 2021 by Bruker (initial)
We should talk about the kicker test from a broad perspective to get a realistic sense of the difficulties and options.
What we need to measure
- Measure kick angle of HK as a function of the kicker bucket number
- Measure emittance degradation as a function of the kicker bucket number
What we don't need to measure; correct me if I'm wrong
- impact of ludicrous bunch charges, unless they are needed for diagnostics
- bunch train with multiple "different" buckets filled at the same time
Beam setup and diagnostic options
- Assumption: bunch frequency = f_RF / 121 = f_Kicker / 7 ~ 12 MHz.
- All bunches then arrive at the same kicker phase.
- The kicker phase knob selects the kick voltage.
- Measure kick angle with one or two BPMs downstream of the kicker. I feel like we will need two for a good determination of the tilt unless we take precautions to precisely align the launch into the kicker.