How to run CODA
Mott DAQ iocmdaq1
- There are two ways to access the Mott DAQ ioc:
- From an accelerator machine: telnet iocmdaq1
- From an accelerator machine: ioc_concole iocmdaq1. Here you need to enter a password to this cannot be done with the idaq account.
The startup file is: idaq@opsmdaq0:/cs/op/iocs/iocmdaq1/startup
- IOC: iocmdaq1
shellPromptSet("vxwrks@iocmdaq1 -> ");
- Add the DAQ Host
- Mount the CODA Distribution
- Load CODA software and Drivers for Mott system
cd "/opt" < /opt/coda/boot/mott_roc1.boot
The CODA boot file: idaq@opsmdaq0:/opt/coda/boot/mott_roc1.boot
CODA crl files are in: idaq@opsmdaq0: /opt/idaq/crl
CODA scripts files are in: idaq@opsmdaq0: /opt/idaq/scripts
* From an accelerator machine: ssh -X idaq@opsmdaq0
Note: idaq is the injector DAQ account and uses ssh authorized_keys for login - no need to enter password and open few xterm & windows.
xterm 1: telnet iocmdaq1
xterm 2: msqld (the CODA msqld database is usually running unless opsmdaq0 was rebooted)
xterm 3: platform
xterm 4: codamaster
Choose the configuration: Mott_Sample
When the CODA MASTER panel appears, select Config => Enable Buttons.
Select ET System, Event Builder, Event Recorder and Run Control. After doing that if you will click on Get Status you will find status of ER1, EB1 and ROC1. All buttons must be green.
Select Run Control and the main CODA panel will appear.
Start and Stop a Run
From Run Control panel, select in the following order:
- Sessions => inj
- Configurations => Cool => Mott_Sample
- Platform => Connect
At the end:
and if you want to apply a change or you need a new configuration:
and start from number 5.