Jan 10, 2020 Meeting Minutes
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Emails/attachments sent during the previous week
- Email chain subject name: IBSimu/GPT weekly meeting
- Date: Jan 7-8, 2020
- Description: Cristhian sent space charge compensation article, which is now linked on the wiki here.
- Next meeting is Jan 10, 2020
- Compared electron beam simulation results through 1.5m
- Ask bas about space charge routine to simulate ions within beam potential
- Look at GPT time-based field maps for beam potential (i.e. to simulate time-dependent beam potential)
- Check beam parameters: for a 1mA, 500MHz beam, the bunch charge should be 2pC. Bunch length should be 50ps (RMS). Beam size (laser spot) at PC should be 1mm RMS.
- Try GPT simulations with and without space charge.
- Put stdx and stdy vs Z on side view simulations.
- Produce initial particle distribution that starts at 135mm using a Gaussian distribution
- Put Alex Chao paper with calculations on wiki (This paper is for Fast Ion Instability -- a potential method to determine the identities of ions within an electron beam with very long bunches)
Return to Ionization Effects Meetings