July 7, 2021 - Group Meeting
Revision as of 07:46, 7 July 2021 by Suleiman (Created page with ";Group business * Starting on Friday, virtual foreign conferences w/ fees requires DOE approval, takes 18 days, go through usual TA process * I submitted my request to hire an...")
- Group business
- Starting on Friday, virtual foreign conferences w/ fees requires DOE approval, takes 18 days, go through usual TA process
- I submitted my request to hire an SE1/2, now begins the long process of getting approval from Stuart
- I'm on vacation starting tomorrow, back Jul 12. Riad is acting dept head while I'm gone.
- Around the table status updates
- Unofficially, start-up looks to be delayed ~2 weeks
- A~40uA (polarized for ~one week), C~70uA
- Diamond Mott ladder
- Mode-locked laser test
- Can someone figure out absolute positions of 2I BPM's by learning SOFF and GOFF (work with Gould & Musson)?
- Use Mott to calibrate Wien filters E/B fields
- Continue to characterize the Wien filter
- Continue to learn how to use the Wien quads
- Upcoming meetings
- International Beam Instrumentation Conference, Sep 13--17, 2021
- Mini-Symposium Advancements and Opportunities of Polarized Targets and Beams APS DNP Meeting, Boston Oct 11-14, 2021
- Carlos - IEEE Conference on Electrical Insulation and Dielectric Phenomena, Vancouver, BC, Canada October 17-20, 2021
- Photocathode Physics for Photoinjectors, SLAC, November 10-12, 2021 (Marcy, Carlos, ...)
- Paper writing updates...
- Joe - Biased anode study
- Riad - GTS magnetized beam paper due
- Shukui - Green fiber laser