July 9, 2020 - ME/INJ/CIS/CASA
Revision as of 07:07, 9 July 2020 by Grames
We will meet Thursday @ 10am EDT via BlueJeans Meeting URL (for video and/or audio call in): https://bluejeans.com/909497334 Phone number (for audio call in): 1-888-240-2560 Meeting ID: 909497334#
Week of July 9
From Danny, in today's meeting, we should address these items:
- did you want to adjust the extended and retracted positions of A1? see sketches on email sent 7/2.
- did we want to make alignment fixtures for A1 and A2 cubes?
- do we want a bellows downstream of the DP can?
- for A2, do we want to re-use what we have there? also make a spare? do we already have spares? is there really an A1 in there?
Week of July 2
Week of June 25
- Mike finding small shorts to ground on Wien coils
- Solenoid first article arrived
- Joe M. schedule meeting for field maps and probs with Wien coils
- Carlos sends Mike assembly drawing
- Region 1
- Last antennae arrived at shipping/receiving
- Bake of parts going well, ends next week, then NEG coating
- Phil/Marcy have ceramics/NEG wire
- Region 2
- SG sent to get (3) garage shields fabricated w/ Vince
- SG still working on the tophats, designed a fixture w/ same cross-
- Bottom Y-flange ordered (heat treat)
- Have all pumps, vacuum parts
- JG send Danny info on the laser vacuum window
- MS/PA talk w/ Tony about whether to redo bellows shaft/turnbuckle mechanism
- Region 3
- Joe met w/ Lakshmi, she'll start evaluating a strong QW mid-July
- Brock done w/ copper cavities, shipping to JLab ~next, Matt syncing up with Musson
- Region 4
- Existing HD coils likely okay, Reza will confirm; Lakshmi will model coils to verify assumptions
- Shaun/Gary want to order cube flanges; we'll pull trigger once HD design fixed
- Danny is working on the aperture design
Week of June 11
- brackets arrived (10) 2-3/4 and (5) 4-/12
- Region 1
- Region 2
- Assembly drawing for Y-girder not yet complete
- SG checking top-hat dwgs w/ DM
- SG give machine shop dwg of tube to check fit-up
- Milhous says fixtures done, coils going winding machine today
- Proc should make order of NEG flange today (8 week delivery time)
- Missing 2nd order (vee-block + fixture plate)
- 2nd solenoid
- Have 2nd yellow spool
- Region 3
Last week June 4
- MFX Solenoids (ETI)
- Waiting on update on the measurements of the 1st solenoid.
- The 2nd solenoid coils completed and passed all electrical testing.
- In process of winding coils for the 3rd solenoid.
- 15 deg. bend dipole (Milhous)
- Coil tooling is ready.
- Coil winding will proceed week of JUN8 (when winding machine becomes available).
- Discussing their QA process with the coils.
- Gathered documentation on the magnet from the PR and emails.
We'll go back to work next week....
Last week May 28 talking points
Plan for the upcoming SAD and injector rebuild (Grames, Adderley, Marcy, Carlos, , Bubba, Windham)
- a. Long list of jobs for new NEG BPM's here: https://wiki.jlab.org/ciswiki/index.php/200KV_gun_BPM%27s
- b. Capture new solenoid on NEG pipe, NEG coat them too
- c. Assemble new Y-chamber on girder, new bottom flange, new NEG's, finish coating that chamber
- d. Setup vacuum chamber if Caryn is going to evaluate any windows
- e. First or second, provide UITF Wien magnet to Meyers (Phil), hi-pot and map 3 coils pairs
- f. Second or first, rebuild UITF Wien internals to eliminate high E-points (Bubba), finalize spacers/springs/gap (Carlos/Danny remotely)
- g. Setup rebuilt Wien in UITF and HV test (Carlos)
- h. Work w/ Shaun to test top-hats and garage needed for John's y-chamber design
- i. Collect up dozens of vacuum parts, clean, and get ready for SAD (pipes, bellows, top-hats)
- j. Work w/ Danny/Shaun/S&A to fabricate and assemble new A2 aperture on a cube
- k. Work w/ Scott to assembly dummy of motorized A1 on new cube, ready for shutdown
- l. 11 Collect up all the girders, supports, hardware
- m. Build two prebuncher cavities?
- n. Work w/ shop to capture Wien quads on crosses, weld on flanges, for tunnel viewers
- o. Build up and vacuum test the y chamber: RGA, base pressure
- p. Build up and test the docking chamber as needed (won’t be needed until later in the shutdown)
Last Week's Talking Points - May 21
- Y/Laser chamber viewers
- Design status
- Wien Filter
From Mike Beck - The 6 new "Wien" coils meet dimensional check acceptance criteria and counted turn count all as required at 2 layers x 13 turns per. Will put spread sheet with dimensional data together in coming days. Also, checked resistance on all 6, the range was consistent at ~.2 ohms. The visual quality of coils that Technicoil provided are nice in appearance. Will conduct hipot testing when able to get back onsite and confirm the rest of QA acceptance testing, fit to core (when core arrives), and mapping required.
- MHD A1/A2 Steering Coils
- CED from Gary Croke => MHD: BL = 28.5 G-cm/A with +/- 2A limits
- Existing design 60 turns (approximately) coil using AWG 16 wire media:200521_aperture 1.pdf media:39200-0213.pdf
- PSS Kicker
- ME model status
- Getting quotes (2-4)
- Wien quads
- CED from Gary Croke => MQW: B'L = 15 G/A with +/- 3A limits
- Will circulate when done